Last weekend I had the PLEASURE of taking 4 classes with Finnabair at my FAV LSS called Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, FL.
Here is the journal cover I made in her Time Capsule class:
We collaged metal Prima trinkets over a journal cover we glued lace and resist fabric on. Then we gessoed and sprayed and painted and added micro beads and Prima pearls to.
Here is a close up of the photo of my Mom I put in the watch face. Wasn't she just Beautiful? The cameo is a pin that was in her jewelry box and I attached it to the collage when I got home.
I am so Pleased with this journal cover.
In the next class we made four journal pages, two with lots of white space and two that are saturated with color. I will show those in a future post.




13 comments:
Sooooooooo gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!
Yes she was a beautiful lady! This is amazing Sue. Beautifully done. I love all of the special trinkets and details. Adding your mom's cameo pin was a wonderful idea, I love it!!
Wow, Sue! What an amazing creation! And, yes, your Mom was so beautiful! Truly a treasure to frame your Mom's photo and have the cameo pin on the journal cover. All the detail and pretty flowers are just gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time in class!:-)
She was beautiful!!!! What a treasure this will be for you!!!! It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the pages, too!
Very, very pretty!!!!!
Now I see where you get your good looks from!! Terrific journal cover and so sorry I couldn't be with you but then we probably wouldn't have got much done ... We'd have been laughing and chatting too much! Looking forward to seeing your pages soon! Have a beautiful weekend ...
this looks outstanding1 great claas and project...When she came here to my area I was not able to take her class...:(
warm hello from California
Bibiana
You inherited your mums'beauty! Love this journal cover; it's a handmade gem! I especially love your choice of colors and design. A gorgoeus match with that FAB photo of your mother!
Wow Sue! What a gorgeous project featuring your beautiful Mom! Love all the Prima gems and that cameo is to die for! Wish I could have been there with you!
You lucky duck - attending so many classes - your journal cover is just gorgeous - she taught you well!! LOVE that beautiful photo of your mum - what a lovely keepsake this will be!!! Julia xx
Sue the beautiful picture of your Mom touched my heart! I am sure she was smiling down on you when she saw you creating this beautiful journal cover! Blessings and hugs my dear!
Gorgeous. Love the pretty flowers and layout.
Your mom was beautiful Sue and I see where you get it from as well. Finn is so awesome and I kind of think of her as "the keeper of memories." This is such a treasure! xx
Post a Comment