It's week 2 here at CR84FN63 and we are still having out Design Team call!
Go to CR84FN and check out the deets!
This week's colors are denim, tan, and brown and I could just play with these colors all day long!
I am also linking this to the Papercraft Star blog where their challenge this week is to create something with a star!
Here's my card. It is a Thank You card for some Dear Sweet friends back in Katy, TX:

I took the star idea from the star in the CR84FN color graphic. The vellum ledger sheet is from Maya Road and I stamped the sentiment BEHIND the vellum. Don't know why I did that but I like how muted it looked!

I inked the edges of the butterfly and added the Prima flower. Don't you just LOVE that lace?
Anyway the Thank You card is for the HAND MADE quilt my friends made for me as a good-bye gift when I moved. This is the bright and colorful side:









27 comments:
Your card is beautiful Sue as are those quilts from your sweet friends in Katy! Love the fancy lace trim and sweet butterfly! Hope you are enjoying your new home!
Such a beautiful card Sue, for your special friends who must be missing you very much indeed! What a wonderful gift for you to snuggle up with! Love your card, that lace is just amazing!
Your card is SO pretty! I just love that gorgeous lace! I know you will always cherish your quilt. What sweet friends!
Your card is beautiful, but let's talk about the quilt. What a wonderful, wonderful gift from your friends! I'm sure it is so cherished!
Oh Wow! Sue, your friends made you the most wonderful quilt - love both sides! And your card is just fabulous - love the pretty lace and sweet butterfly - your friends will love it!
Yummy quilt, and such a sweet reminder of your friends back in TX! Love your card, too, Sue.
Such a lovely card, Sue with gorgeous dp, butterfly, stars,and stunning lace! And, the quilt is I'm sure a treasured gift from friends! How sweet of them to make such a beautiful creation for you! Take care, hugs!
Simply gorgeous ...and I am loving the quilt your friend made you too.
Sue this is such a gorgeous card! I love the lace trim and scallops and those sweet stars! And the quilt is so lovely! What a wonderful gift! Gorgeous card and quilt!!! :)
Goodness me this is so beautiful!! I love the design and those colours look amazing ... not to mention the fabulous stars!! Many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star Sue ... lovely to have you here
Beautiful card, sue, I love those borders, great quilt as well! I am sure the quilt will always be a lovely remembrance. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the Papercraft Star for the "include a Star" challenge.
How cool is that quilt!!! I love the bright, fun colors and what a super bunch of friends. I just passed through Katy, TX on my way to San Antonio recently Sue, how neat is that. It's a lovely area but I'm happy that you are settling into your new home in Florida. You are always in my thoughts and I LOVE your card. Ooooh so many wonderful embellies on this one and the challenge colors are a fave for sure. Hugs
Such a gorgeous card - LOVE the colours! And that quilt is stunning! Thank so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.
Deanne :)
Hi Sue! I love this color challenge and especially what you did with it on you project! The butterfly seems to reflect the damask pattern of the paper. The stars and the ledger are such unexpected delights. It all fits together for a really eye-catching card! I guess that's why YOU are on the design team! : ) thanks for the inspiration.
You always have things that I fall 100% in love with like that beautiful lace trim. Your card is stunning and I know will be so appreciated just as your quilt is appreciated by you! What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift! A rue treasure!
Oh my gosh, what an amazing gift! I can't imagine how much time went into such a gorgeous, unique piece and I love the sweet personal touch -so cool!
I just know they well love the sweet "Thank you", I have to say they are indeed stunning colours together.
Katie x
WOOOOOOWZA! I love those colors together! This card is STUNNING! Beautifully done--LOVE that lace!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt! You have some talented friends--FAB!
Beautiful card! I like very much this lace used on it. It is no surprise that this card was awarded in a challenge:) And about the gift - it is fabulous! These colours are so vivd and energetic. Greetings!
Oh, Sue, this card is beautiful! I love the blue stars, and that pretty lace! How sweet for your friends to make you a quilt! It is gorgeous!
I tried to respond to your comment on my blog, via email, but it didn't go through. Did your email address change when you moved?
Wowie Sue! this is just Gorgeous!! Love the Pretty lace, Wonderful Dp's ad Sweet butterfly too! What a Fabulous Thank you card! Your friends are soo Sweet to make you that Beautiful Quit! Wow!! 8-) Congrats on your win too! 8-)
Hugs
Shannon
LOVE THIS!
Another beauty Sue Lelli. That lace trip is gorgeous! Also love the pretty butterfly and the papers! PERFECT! Such pretty quilt from your friends. :o)
Beautiful card, your friend will be thrilled, what an amazing quilt she made you. Have a good weekend. Deb x
Whoa -- how'd I miss this sweet little gem? LOVE it and how you did your sentiment! What a clever, unique and treasured gift that quilt is! You're a lucky girl!!!
A really beautiful thank you and so perfect for the absolutely fabulous quilt! Not hard to believe you are loved by these ladies!
The card is GORGEOUS, Sue! Love the creamy, soft colors with the pop of blue, very eye catching! Love that pretty lace too. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments about my She Art girls :)
Wow! I love both the card that YOU made, and the quilt your friends made! What terrific, caring, talented friends you have in Katy.
I was just in Katy this past weekend, visiting my mom and my brother, his wife, and her family. :)
Post a Comment