Friday, March 21, 2014

Playing with Tags and Stencils ~ What FUN!!

Tonight was a FUN night!  I couldn't sleep so I went in my craft room, took out some tags and stencils and paints and molding paste and embellies and created just for FUN!  I am linking my tags to two FAB Challenges:
and
 
Needless to say, I got carried away and made FOUR tags!  Without Further Ado:
Tag #1

I used three complimentary colors, added a book page and white paint splats and the word smile from my Precious Remembrance Journey stamp set.

Isn't this flower Gorgeous with this?!!!
 
 Tag #2
For this tag I used the FAB TCW Mini Texturized Stencil which has all kinds of images to choose from!  I used 3 different ones on this tag!  The color is TH Distress Paints on top of molding paste.  I just dragged the kraft tag across paint on my kraft mat. The word enjoy is from my Precious Remembrance Coffee Love Stamp Set.

Here is a close up of the 3 textures and I also wanted you to see the kraft label with writing that I glued down first to my tags before I strted adding more layers.  Just a little somethin' somethin'!

 Tag #3
Not sure where THIS tag came from because I am NOT a yellow person, but it all just came together so I went with it!  The yellow BG color was achieved with Dylusions Spray.
 
I used 2 more textures from my TCW mini texturized stencil (LOVE) and I added a cool stamp from my Precious Remembrance Thanks Stamp Set.
 
 Tag #4
The background for this tag was made with leftover paint from my previous pink tag.  I just laid it down on the Distress Paint left on my kraft mat and whatever stuck was enough for me!

I finished it off with this BEAUTIFUL MPD Winged Beauties Stencil.  I think it is one of the most GORGEOUS stencils I own!
 
A bow, a button, and a burlap tag with Butterfly Wishes stamped on it and the tag is good to go!
 
I hope you enjoyed my tag collection!

26 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are all stunning Sue, I love the silk paint too, first time I have seen it, on my wish list now! ~Diane

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors!!!

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning trio of tags all of which has a lovely spring mixed media feel.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Katy said...

These are gorgeous! Very inspiring! :)

Marjan said...

Great to see how all of your tags are diggerent. Love the way you used the stencils and made diferent kind of backgrounds! Hope you slept like a baby afterwards ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Wonder who's a sleepy head today!!??!! These are beautiful and so creative Sue! Love that you mixed up the colors and elements.

Pauline said...

Wow Sue, your tags are all so beautiful! Lovely textures, and colours. My fave is your turquoise creation, and that beautiful flower, so pretty!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous tags - one prettier than the next!

Marybeth said...

Well, it looks like you had a very productive sleepless night. Your tags are gorgeous...Sue! You sure went to town. Lavender has been helping me sleep a bit more . But I am up way too early most nights .

~Tammy~ said...

OMGee! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Talking about making use of a sleepless night! GIrl these are BEAUTIFUL! I shouldn't have a favorite because they are ALL beautiful, but I am smitten with the first. All each so gorgeous! I am so thankful that you shared your gorgeous work with us this week at The Kraft Journal. I hope you will continue to bless us with your beautiful work!

Nancy said...

Well, Don't think I could muster up so much Mojo in the middle of the night! Love those tags Sue! Love them all but the yellow one catches my eye! HUGS!

Unknown said...

Insomnia paid off for you Sue. :) You have 4 fabulous tags to show for it and I love each one. Wonderful inspiration! Have a fun weekend, hugs.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunning projects Sue! LOVE your texture and the bloom!!!! Enjoy the weekend my friend!

Cassandra said...

Obviously you are at your most creative in the wee small hours! So beautiful and vivid - a Sue Lelli signature.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Sue! What a stunning collection of tags! I love all the beautiful color combos and stenciled details! All the blossoms add such a nice touch!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, wow these are gorgeous, I keep looking, couldn't pick a favorite, that blue flower is gorgeous,love the drops,that first pink is sooooo pretty,I;m not a yellow girl either but that tag is gorgeous, love the contrasting swirl, the last one, okay it's my favorite:),love all the splotches, that butterfly is gorgeoussss, love the burlap tag,and gorgeous, button and bow, thanks for sharing all your fun with us...

Loretta said...

Sue, these tags are really lovely!

JoAnn said...

Wow, beautiful tags Sue. I love them all, especially #3 with the pretty yellow. The last one is pretty also with the butterfly and the stamping on burlap. You definitely had fun.

Maria said...

Ohhh, I see that you are a night owl and how fun! You were so productive with these tag beauties! Love every single one of them with all the texture and gorgeous flowers!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your tags are all beautiful ! I just love the way you make mixed media so pretty!!!! Now go take a nap!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific tags!! I love the combination of paints and pretty flowers ... And how cute is that little burlap sentiment!

Lynn said...

Sounds like me sneaking down to my craft room when I can't sleep. Gorgeous...love all the amazing texture Sue.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Sue your tags are beautiful! Love all the textures on the tags. Love seeing your work over at the Kraft Journal!
Hugs,
Anitra

♥Jan♥ said...

Hullo my sweet Sue ! Loved, LOVED these tags. We loved them so much at The Kraft Journal, we are going to feature them, and your blog, on our Feature Me Friday post, 4/4/14. Stop by and pick up your Featured Artist button !! (I will be in Reno, living it up ! Hope you are doing great, I think of you so often!)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

As you do when you can't sleep lol!
Oh my GOSH -INCREDIBLE! The colours, the design, the texture, the sweet ribbons....
Oh my, you should never sleep again!
Katie

Juls said...

all of these are just fab!!! Hugs Juls