Friday, June 11, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #33 - I LOVE This Color Combo!

I've been looking for a challenge to spark my creativity and this color combo does it for me! Thanks PDCC #33! Works perfectly since I need to make a birthday card for a dear friend I haven't seen in forever.
Edit: I made Play Date's Cream in our Coffee with this card!
I pulled out some new goodies I haven't played with yet. Can you see my new and very favorite canvas texture made by the PTI canvas impression plate? I used it on EVERYTHING - the white background, the label and the aqua band. It added so much that I decided to keep this particular card clean and simple.

EVERYTHING is PTI except my new and beautiful Prima rose and the white pearls from Queen & Company (which are tiny but there is one on every damask design. The sentiment is also from the PTI Damask Design stamp set. Hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, and your flower is gorgeous. Have a great day, Tracy Evans x

Loz said...

Gorgeous!! I've always admired PTI stamps but have never bought any! Now I wish I had've! This is stunning, those colours are gorgeous and so is that sweet little rose ♥

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful CAS card. The rose is a wonderful embellishment, as well as the texture on your card. Thanks for playing a the PDCC.

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is just so well done! I LOVE it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Sue! All those lil' pearls make quite a statement! That Prima rose is so Shabby looking :0 Thanks so much for playing along with the PDCC :) Glad you enjoyed your vacation but Happy to see you back creating again :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very lovely! I love that rose!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Nice job!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Sue! Love the colors. Did you have a wonderful vacation? :)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is beautiful, I love the simplicity of it, it's so elegant.
Katie x

Suzanne C said...

Perfect elements in a beautiful card! Really like the simple elegance!!! Glad you are back and playing in the PDCC again!

Unknown said...

Hi Katy!!! your work is gorgeous!!! I love it...wonderful to meet you and I really am loving these challenges!!!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the little amount of blue and that prima with the damask, oh my! I especially love your close up picture too, for its details.

Michelle said...

Love the clean design, the damask looks gorgeous in that colour, love the string too, perfectly matches the colour theme.

Ruby said...

Lovely card Katy! You've made the colours work so well here for our challenge at the PDCC this week. Love the texture and that little flower is fab! Very elegant! Nice to see you playing along with us again!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Sue! Love the CAS design and the Prima rose is a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

farmhouse-story said...

this is adorable, sue:) the prima flower is perfect!

Andrea M said...

Hey Sue! Welcome back! Love your take on the play date color challenge - gorgeous work, girl!!! So happy to see your gorgeous creations again! That flower is so lovely!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What great new products you used on this card---what a FAB card;) LOOOOOOOVE that background (canvas) texture! Great job all around;) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Great to have you playing along at the cafe :) Those tiny pearls are such a great touch

Julie Ranae said...

Really love what you did with this week's PDCC colors, Sue : )

Beverly Montez said...

This is so pretty
Classic and elegant!