Monday, October 6, 2014

eP ~ "Laugh" ~ Wall Hanging Canvas for my Friend

This is posted at the eclectic Paperie blog today.  Check it out to see the process photos!
 
Here is the wall hanging on MY wall so you can see what it looks like with the crinkled seam binding.  At the end of this post, I will tell you WHY my Sweet friend, Pam, is holding the ketchup bottles!
This is a flat 5x7 canvas adhered to an 8x10 canvas.

Here's a more up close version:
I used LOTS of Prima goodies on this one!

The Prima Baroque frame is made from resin and I painted it with several shades of gold.

The BG paper is from the Prima Stationer's Desk 6 x 6 paper pack.

All of the trinkets are Prima Mechanicals painted with Emperor's Gold Silks Acryllic paint. LOVE the shine it adds!
 
In case you didn't see my previous post, I am now a Prima Ambassador, so you will probably be seeing more Prima products on my blog.  I am so EXCITED!
 
Okay, now for the story!
I belong to a group of 6 friends and we call ourselves the Posse.  One of our Posse members is moving so we have been going out to Happy Hour a LOT because we want to spend as much time with her as we can.
Anyway we were at this really nice restaurant and they had these mini ketchup bottles we all loved.  We asked the waiter if we could take them and he said yes, putting his hand over his eyes like he didn't see us.
Well you have to know Pam.  She is the Sweetest, Kindest, most Honest person EVER!  Somehow we convinced her to put the ketchup bottles in her purse.  As we were leaving the restaurant, Pam and I stayed behind to get a bag so the ketchup wouldn't spill all over her purse.  Our other friends went outside.
Now the real fun begins.  They see two policemen in uniform and somehow convince them to say something to Pam as she comes out of the restaurant.
"Maam, we need to look in your purse!"
Pam was so startled and she said "No, you don't have a search warrant!"
We had to tell her it was just a joke because she thought they were going to arrest her!
So that's my story and now every time we go out or any time one of us is at a restaurant with little ketchup bottles, we take a photo and send it to our criminal friend, Pam!
They even had these bottles on the cruise I just went on and I took photos of my son that I emailed to her from Alaska!
I guess it's one of those, "You had to be there stories," but she is going to LOVE this!  I'm having the Posse sign it today and I'm giving it to her tonight at our friend's going away party.
 
Thanks for sticking with me if you are still here!
I hope you like this wall hanging!


25 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great framed project Sue! and such a fun story!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a fun story and loveeeeeeeee your project!! I love love love the flowers and the frame!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

WOW did you do a great job showcasing your Prima products!! The gold is so pretty. I don't think I' ve ever seen mini ketchup bottles around here.I'm going to be on the lookout now!! What a cute story, love it!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh your story had me rolling, thanks for the laugh to start my week lol!!! I LOVE your wall hanging with all those yummy prima products!!!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, Sue! Just wayyy too funny! I love your stunning project with all the gorgeous Prima goodies and the wonderful story behind it! Your friend will truly treasure this awesome creation!:-)

Lynn said...

Ha! I absolutely love the story! So much fun! Love the picture :)

Stella said...

I love love loxe the story of the bottles; LMBO. I got the picture immediately!:)

And your canvas/wall hanger is priceless. She will love it. And cherish it. You are such a thoughtful and sweet friend!
XX

Stella said...

I love love loxe the story of the bottles; LMBO. I got the picture immediately!:)

And your canvas/wall hanger is priceless. She will love it. And cherish it. You are such a thoughtful and sweet friend!
XX

Pamellia said...

Wow Sue, this is gorgeous! I love the soft florals with all the gold accents! That Emperor's Gold Silks Acrylic paint looks absolutely amazing! What a great hanging! hugs :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Sue! All that shimmers is gold! Stunning project! Love all the embellishments! Your friend is going to love and treasure this beautiful keepsake!

Ros Crawford said...

What a great story!! Terrific wall hanging ... love how you used the 2 canvases!

Marjan said...

Haha, I can imagne the look on your friends face and how wicked of you!! I'm sure she will give this a special place.
This wall hanging is so beautiful, I love all those rich tones and the Prima goodies you used, wow ... you are one lucky lady!

~Tammy~ said...

What a fun story! You did an awesome job kicking a fabulous showcasing!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue I went over to see the process, this is FANNNNNTASTICCCC, the whole this is just gorgeousss, this will put a smile on her face every time she looks at it, what a treasure, and you and your Posse mates are too funny grrrrreat story, thanks for making my day, hope you have a wonderful week, thanks for sharing this beauty.. ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Nancy said...

Not sure which is better the story or the wall hanging! Love when you share your life and talents with us! Great job!

Beverly Montez said...

CONGRATS!!! You will make a great ambassador! Did you send them pictures of your Prima bottles with sand in them?

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous project!! Laughed out loud....seriously!! OMG... Those girls had guts to get the policeman to ask her and her answer is priceless!!

Vickie Z said...

Sorry, too busy laughing....CONGRATS on your ambassador....perfect choice!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So so cool!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great post and congratulations...love their products. how lucky can't wait to see your creations
if you like challenges...
remember my "Throwback Thursday" challenge is under way...hopefully I can see you one day playing with us!
hugs from california
bibiana

Deborah Frings said...

LOL! I think the story is such fun and the canvas looks stunning! Great work.

I've just had a fun time going back over your recent work - all lovely!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a great story! I am sure your friend LOVED this frame! It is beautiful!! You are so thoughtful!
And congrats about Prima!! You go girl!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun story. And your project looks awesome.

Hugs~

Jill Norwood said...

Lovee the keychup story and your posse of friends! That is what life is all about!!! Good friends and shared laughter and giggles 😄

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous! I love the gold cluster of embellishments. So pretty! What a story! She will look at ketchup differently now, that's for sure! :)