Saturday, July 20, 2013

Precious Remembrance Saturday Creations - Using the Journey Stamp Set on a Mixed Media canvas!

Welcome to my very first edition of Saturday Creations at the Precious Remembrance blog!

Here is the new stamp set called Journey that I will be featuring:

 
I wanted to make a mixed media canvas to show how versatile this stamp set is.  I used the large sentiment stamp, the smile stamp, the film strip, and the starsplatter to make my creation:

For my background,  I took a burlap canvas and applied gesso, white paint, hot pink paint, and chartreuse paint to it.  I used the star splatter from the stamp set and randomly stamped it on the canvas.

Here you can see how I stamped the film strip on vellum and cut out two film strips for accents under the focal sentiment.  A picture makes every moment last forever is such a FABULOUS sentiment, perfect for every photo creation!
These two photos show how I stamped the smile stamp on this washi tape and mod podged it to the canvas.  You can also see a close up of the star splatter as well.
 I hope you like what I created with this FAB and vesatile stamp set.  You can go to the Precious Remembrance shop and buy your very own Journey stamp set here!  Also on the Precious Remembrance blog, I have shown several tips for adding color and applying molding paste to a canvas with a stencil and how to add interest with washi tape.  Check it out!

I hope you like my canvas!
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Lynn said...

I love what you created, but I really LOVE the picture of you and your hubby. It shouts happiness to me and it makes me smile from ear to ear!

Sasha said...

Such a fabulous canvas, Sue. I love your stamping onto the burlap...what a wonderful result!! Love those words. And what a beautiful photo to treasure always! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors and those film strips!!!

Heather Rogers said...

What a special little canvas! You look like movie stars with those sunglasses and the cute film strips. :)

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS canvas Sue! The two of you look so cute and happy!! I just love the film strips stamped on vellum, great idea ;)

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

wow I really like that stamp set, and how you creatively used the film strips on vellum... oh and your colors ROCK!

~Tammy~ said...

This is a gorgeous Canvas Sue! You did a fabulous job and I love the colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!:)

1CardCreator said...

Love the look of those stamps on canvas and what a perfect picture, really! ~Diane

Pauline said...

What a gorgeous canvas Sue, and a lovely pic of you and Kim, you both look so happy! I love your film strips, so creative, what a great stamp set!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh what a beauty, Sue! Love the different media you used on the canvas and you worked magic out of that stamp awesome set!

Stella said...

You are such a lovely couple and look so happy together! Love this canvas; you are fab with mixed media!
XX

Maria said...

Awwww...what a great canvas project highlighting you and husband, Sue! Great photo of the two of you! Love the sentiment and filmstrip on vellum, hearts, and pops of pink! LOVE IT!

Beverly Montez said...

This is cute.
Can't believe how quickly you got into the mixed media flow! Awesome stuff.
Just back from Lake Travis with the kids. GREAT four days in this amazingly funky house straight from the 70's!!
XO

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful layout!!!!

Dianne said...

Well Miss Sue you have showcased this stamp set to perfection in all the ways you used it excellent job, the canvas is gorgeous, thanks for sharing..

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Sue! What a fabulous mixed media canvas! Awesome photo! Love all the details on the background and the filmstrip pieces! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jill Norwood said...

Sue I love the beautiful photo and the lovely canvas you created! That sentiment is perfect for any photo and scrapbook page etc! Love the vellum photo strips too! Gorgeous my dear! :)

Marybeth said...

Sue love the canvas and the sweet picture ! I love that you chose to use pink,it's just fun! What a fun and different way to show this set! Take care.

Ros Crawford said...

This is absolutely fabulous!! What a stunning photo too!

Barb Turpin said...

Sue, I think this is my favorite so far! The picture is perfect and you showcased it so well...love what you did with the vellum film strip and the sentiment just finishes it off! The canvas truly makes it a gorgeous home decor item to treasure.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

You 2 are just the cutest couple -possibly ever! A match made in heaven.
Katie