Welcome to Papercraft Star #153 where you are to be inspired by this FABULOUS photo!
You can select:
Recycle
Piano
Music
Colors
Flowers
I am dedicating my post to my Mother who passed away 11 months ago. When I saw this inspiration photo with the hydrangeas, I knew I wanted to make this card for her.
Before you read further, I want you to know this is a HAPPY post because my Mom was such a Special person to me. It was a GREAT feeling to create this for her, even though she is gone.
Here is a close up of my hydrangea - trust me when I say these hydrangea cards are more of a hand deliver kind of card!
I hope you all are inspred by this FAB photo! Check out what the other members of the DT (listed in my sidebar) have created and then come play with us!
Thanks for stopping by!









31 comments:
Oh Sue what a stunning card this is for your Mom ... The hydrangea is amazing!! I miss my Mum too ... all the time and sadly she never got to see my creations ... I spent my time working and caring for her ... only starting to create once I lost her
Beautiful heartfelt post Sue. The love for your mom is overflowing from every nook and cranny of this beautiful and elegant card. This one is frame worthy!!! Have a great day ;)
Your card is another gorgeous tribute to your Mom. I can't believe it's been almost a year.
It sure is a keeper for you to reflect upon! Made with love I love your beautiful seam binding bow with the precious tag!
Such a beautiful thing to do in memory of your mom, Sue. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Your hydrangea is so very pretty! I love those soft colours.
When my mom passed I also found all the cards I had made for her. Doesn't it give you a special warm feeling? xx
What a beautiful tribute card! I love love love those hydrangea's!!
Oh how sweet Sue! Such a touching post hun.
Deanne :)
What a special card, Sue! Loved hearing all about the process behind it.
I love everything about this card. One of these days you will have to show me how you make your beautiful ribbons. I remember when you made the first card for your Mom!
Such a beautiful card, Sue! So sweet of you to dedicate this post to her. I remember the second card when you posted it before. I especially love the pink Hydrangea flower and neutral papers. :)
I remember after my mom passed away, I was going through her things and found the shoe box that she kept all the cards in that I had given her. I can tell your mom was a very special lady. :)
Bothe the new and old card are gorgeous! Of course your mom kept that card! I have to say you mom had great taste in flowers that is my favorite as well. I just brought a bunch in from the yard. . Love how you made the petals looks like a lot of work but well worth it!
I bet your mom would be so proud of all your card making these last 11 months, and DT. Hugs to you !
Beautiful. Hugs, special ones ... -J-
These are stunning and I can't tell you how special my Mom is to and Miss her every single day!GREAT post Sue! :-)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!!
Beautiful post!
What a fabulous card Sue! I love the beautiful Hydrangea and sweet story behind it! Surely your Mom was right beside you when creating this in spirit :) Thanks for sharing the story behind it!
Sue your sweet post dedicated to your dear Mother is so beautiful! I love hydrangeas and have a gorgeous bush of them right outside of my front door! They are a favorite! I love how you created them on these cards! Just so realistic and lovely! Hugs my dear!
:) Jill
A gorgeous card and a wonderful post...a great tribute to your Mom!! I, too have made hydrangeas on a half styro ball, and I know it is not an easy task, but nevertheless, a very worthwhile one once its finished!! Beautiful!!
Oh my goodness!!! Just absolutely beautiful, Sue!!! This post brought tears to my eyes since just losing my Mother, also! How therapeutic and full of inspiration! My Mom's favorite flower was the rose. She always had gorgeous roses! Thank you for sharing your stunning card and heartfelt message, hugs!
What a beautiful tribute for your Mom Sue, I love these peachy tones you used. Absolutely stunning!
GORGEOUS card, Sue, and hugs on this difficult 1st anniversary you're facing. Think I remember that hydrangea card you found in your Mom's treasured possessions! Lost my Mom 11 years ago next month and every time I take on a sewing challenge, I sooo WISH she were here to guide me. It then suddenly works out & in my grateful heart I KNOW she has once again smiled down on me from above. Trust me, my DD constantly brings me sewing challenges ALL the time!
Gorgeous card Sue. Love the hydrangea. A lot of work and a nice tribute to your mother. My mother passed away 25 years ago and I still miss her a lot.
Thanks for sharing.
The pink hydrangea is amazing!i am sure your momma is smiling in heaven! Beautiful!
Your Mom must have been an amazing woman, so touching that you still are creating for her. I am sure she would love this one even more. Both cards are beautiful and made with so much love, it shows. ~Diane
Oh Sue this is such a heartwarming post. i oould feel how much you love your mum (and miss her). This hydrangea card made my jaw drop. It's a lot of work but it really shows off and looks perfect.. Love love love the hydrangea.
Your mum is proud of you; and I love the way you wrote about your mum.
XX
Absolutely beautiful--both cards.
I have my "hydrangea card" on my bulletin board.
Wow!!!! Lovely work.
WOW. stunning, I can feel the love from here, that flower looks real like those dried ones you see, its amazing, I know your Mom treasure her cards you made her, thanks so much for sharing the love...
Sue this is a stunning card! I love all the dimension to this card.
Hugs,
Anitra
Gorgeous card Sue. I loved the original when you made it and this one is just as pretty. Lovely colors.
What beautiful, amazing cards!
Lovely tribute to your Mother! My Mother was my biggest fan when it came to my cards... And she kept them all. Before she passed away...She asked me to take a box of cards to the cancer center (to give to the staff that was so kind to her) I did that on what would have been her birthday last year, and it really heped me get through the day. I plan on doing the same thing this year...they really did appreciate the cards.
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to this post Sue but I am truly glad I did. I never thought to make a card for my loved ones that I've lost this year. You are an inspiration and this card is absolutely gorgeous. So loving and thoughtful! The blue card is pretty too but your mom's card is priceless. Hugs
Post a Comment