Saturday, July 14, 2012

CR84FN58 - Week 2 - Praying For You

It's week two with CR84FN58 and remember you only have until Wednesday night
to link your card to our gallery! 
Sorry I've been computer silent this last week but I've been in Florida preparing for our move and visiting my son and parents.  I'm going to try and catch up on my commenting this next week as much as I can but it's going to be hit and miss while we are preparing for the movers and going out for the last time with friends from Texas.  Our neighborhood is even having a party for us Monday night!  It's going to be bittersweet but I'm anxious to be closer to my aging parents and our college son.

Here is my card:
I made this card for a dear sweet friend who's 2 month old grand daughter was gravely ill in the hospital.  She asked us for our prayers and the miracle is that her illness after MANY MANY tests turned out to be an allergy to milk!  YIKES!  This was after they discussed some major surgery for that little baby girl!
So I made this card to cheer my friend up and let her know I was still praying for her family.  She received it on the very day they discovered the allergy and sent her grand daughter home!  YEAH!

So on to my card deets -
I used the jar lid because she lives in the country and loves things like this.  She also LOVES roses so I used three.  And the red trim is washi tape - I love washi tape!

When she received this card she called to tell me that not only she loved it but her husband did as well!  I consider that a HUGE compliment!
Go check out what the other CR84FN DT members have made (listed in my sidebar) plus visit our guest designer, Monika Davis, and leave her some love!  Then come play while you still have the chance!  Thanks for stopping by! 
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so glad they figured out the problem. So scary. Your card is so pretty and I'm sure much appreciated!

Pauline said...

Wow Sue, this is a beautiful card, and what a very scary time for your friend. I love the jam jar lid, and the tulle bow, such a pretty addition as well as those fabulous rolled roses, and I love the washi tape trim, just gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

This is beautiful! Love that big tulle bow, the pretty roses and jar lid - so sweet.

So pleased that your friend's granddaughter has been sent home!

I know just how you must be feeling with all the move preparations at the moment. Excitement, sadness and so, so busy!! Sending hugs xx

Ruby said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the jar lid, hope your moving is going really well, thinking of you! x

Maria said...

Ohhh...so lovely! What a statement those roses and red tull bow makes! Love that washi tape, too! I recently bought some for my friend's bday. I should have bought myself some, too!:-) Glad your friend's granddaughter's problem was found out without surgery! I'm sure this gorgeous card came at the perfect time for your friend! Take care and good luck with the moving!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful card to cheer your friend during a difficult time. I am so glad that they figured it out before surgery. Good luck with all the moving stuff. You must be exhausted!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty and so thoughtful! Love the rolled roses and the big beautiful bow! Lots of luck with the move! I will keep your friend's baby in my thoughts and prayers :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

OMG! what a terrible ordeal for your friend! I am so glad the little baby girl is going to be OK!
I bet you are so busy!!!!! I know it is going to be tough saying goodbye! And all of this going on..and you make this beautiful card! I just love the checkered jar lid! And the tulle ribbon! So sweet!

Barb Turpin said...

Don't worry about commenting till you get settled! Just wanted to say I love your card, and so thankful my 3 'boys' have always been healthy...amazing that a milk allergy could cause this...so glad they were able to find it without surgery!

I knew this was yours by the beautiful roses!

Lisa Elton said...

I see why they love this one Sue, so pretty! And good news for the sweet baby girl!!

You made a card a LONG time ago with a gingham jar lid for a PTI blog hop. That's where I first found your blog and your sweet self!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation with such rich and stunning colors!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I love that jar lid and that one yellow rose amongst all that beautiful red! Don't worry, I have had no time for commenting on a regular basis either! My life is totally upside down and disorganized right now!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Sue Lelli. The paper flowers are so pretty and I love the tulle. Glad that they found what was wrong with your friend's granddaughter!

Shannon White said...

Goodness So glad they figured out it was only a Milk allergy! What a scary ordeal for your friend and her family! So glad it was a happy outcome! 8-) And such a Beautiful Cheery card your sent her too! LOVE the jam jar lid! So creative and clever Sue! 8-) Your rolled roses and Tule bow are such Pretty Pretty touches too! Love it! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card! your rolled roses are absolutely stunning and so very real looking!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOO pretty! I love the pop of yellow with that flower! FAB job!

HOOOOOOORAY for moving to FL:) I cannnnnnnot wait to meet you! My schedule has drastically changed--I've gone from 10 teams to 4 starting in August! :)

Ros Crawford said...

This is breathtakingly beautiful ... I adore your flowers and the tulle ... so glad that the little baby is going to be ok ...

Stella said...

Good to hear that the little girl will be ok. The poor sweetheart. And such a difficult time with worries for her family.

Yes you are busy and saying goodbye Texas is coming closer; enjoy every minute with your friends while you can.

And your card; this certainly will put a smile on your friends'face; gorgeous Sue; as usual!
XX

Unknown said...

Sue, you are such a joy to have as a friend, I am so going to miss you!!! I love love love my card, thank you for all your specialness and prayers for our sweet little Elle. It is through God's gift of friendships like your's that we can depend on when life is at its toughest. I think I am probably your biggest fan when it comes to your roses!! I am so grateful that I am the recipient of this beautiful card.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful card Sue. I love washi tape too! Don't worry about commenting, we all get caught up with life sometimes. Enjoy your party and good luck with the move!

So happy everything turned out with your friend's granddaughter. :)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I am so sorry, I left Sue a comment without reading all the others that were left. My only excuse is that my plate is so overloaded with very little time for what I love to do! You are all so kind to be concerned about our grand daughter. She is 2-1/2 months old now and has spent 7 of her 10 weeks in the hospital. She has been home 12 days without having to be rushed back to the hospital. God's amazing love is so great as I witness that in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you, you have touched my heart in a very special way today...may God bless all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So beautiful Sue! LOVE that gingham! So glad that your friends daughter is o.k. How scary! Pretty trim! And it is always a big thing when one of the guys notice our cards! Haha! Hugs, Joanna

Cheryl said...

I can't imagine how difficult it's been for your friend and her family. Thank goodness the doctors didn't do any surgery! Love your bright, cheery card. What a great idea to use a jar lid, and those roses are gorgeous!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh my gosh, I was so pleased to read the happy ending. I loved the part too that the husband liked the card. That has to be the biggest compliment.
This may be my favourite to date. The inspirational colours were striking and you did a fantastic job.
Katie x