Saturday, July 7, 2012

CR84FN58 - For You, Mona!

Welcome to CR84FN58 with these bold colors - yellow, red, and neutral!
I am also pleased to announce that Monika Davis at MAD Stamper will be our July Guest Designer!  We are so HAPPY to have her as our Guest Designer!  Please go to her blog and welcome her!
Here is my card and I am dedicating it to our fearless CR84FN leader, Mona!  I want her to know just how much I appreciate what a GREAT DT Administrator she really is!  She is super organized, very encouraging, and when I told her how stressed I was worrying about how I was going to get my cards made with our impending move, she gave me the colors way far ahead of time so I could create my cards in advance and not have to worry about it.  Thank you so much, Mona!  You have no idea how much that means to me! 
Without further ado, here is the card I made for Mona with this week's colors in mind: 
I was inspired by the flower in that Gorgeous graphic and the pom poms were inspired by the yellow pompom looking florals.  Do you see them in the photo?

I also stamped away on the lined label with Stampendous charm stamps.  I LOVE how that turned out, especially when I heat embossed it.  I added some black gems under the sentiment and in the corners as well.

I hope you like my card - and I really hope Mona likes it, too!
Now go see what the other DT members: Mona, Deb, Heather, Andrea, Pauline, and Shannon, have made for you and don't forget to leave us comments, too!  THX for stopping by!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I'm sure Mona just loves this bright and beautiful card! I adore the pretty flower and pom-pom ribbon.

I know just how stressful moving is - make lots of lists and make sure you have a survival kit with you - things like coffee, tea, crafting stash!! Sending you hugs xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Sue, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for the huge shout out and for all the amazing work you do for CR84FN :) This card is so beautiful and even prettier in real life as it sits on my high boy table on display! :) That flower is gorgeous and I love the little black embossed butterfly! I hope your move goes flawless!

Cassandra said...

Wow Sue, really love this one, the colour and design are perfect.

Thanks for the email and good luck with the move, moving states in Australia is a big thing and will you be closer to your son.

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Sue, the attention to detail is amazing! Love the Pom Pom trim, and the subtle stamping on the fab shaped label, Mona will treasure this for sure! What a beauty!

Lynn said...

Sue, this is gorgeous...love the beautiful flower and I'm sure that Mona will love this! Where are you moving to?

Lin said...

Mona is a sweetie! Love these colors, so perfect for summer, and you did them beautifully, Sue!

Marge said...

This is sooo CUTE, Sue -- from those sweet papers to that adorable flower all the way to the fringe near the bottom! Your stamping on your label just completes it perfectly!!!
Great to know you've got all your 'ducks in a row' to make your move go smoothly!!!

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous card all in red, yellow, and black...very striking! That flower is fab! Love the sweet pom pom trim, too! How sweet of you to make this beautiful card for Mona! I'm sure she will love it! Take care! Good luck with your move!

Stella said...

You sure now how to nail a challenge Sue! The flower caught my eye and you are fab with red did you know that?

Already packing?? it must be a extremely busy time....take care!
X

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness Sue I just LOVE what you've done with the colors here! Love EVERY little thing in this mat stack label too! Mona is a sweetheart isn't she ;)

Unknown said...

I love this card Sue!!! Awesome colors, dp's, flower and trim. What a way to honor Mona! :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply delightful!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! I live the Pom Pom trim and pretty flower.

Shannon White said...

Wow Sue! Is this Ever Beautiful! 8-) Love the Wonderful stamping on your label and the Fun pom pom trim! And your Gorgeous flower is soo Perfect for the inspiration pics! I just know Mona will treasure this Beauty for sure!

Big Hugs & Happy Sunday! 8-)
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Sue Lelli. Love the dimensional flower, the pretty papers... the pom-pom ribbon looks awesome.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Hello Sue! Another beautiful card! I am sure Mona will treasure it! The pompom trim is so cute. And that flower...gorgeous!

Barb Turpin said...

Sue, you make the best flowers! And I love the sweet little butterfly and flourish on that lined paper...very summery! Hope the move is going well.

Jill Norwood said...

I just love red and yellow together - happy sunny colors! Love the pom pom trim! What a fun summery card! Hope the move goes well! :)

Ros Crawford said...

This is so pretty and a beautiful design ... love your use of those colours ... good luck with your move ... wishing you much happiness

Vickie Z said...

Love the flower, pom poms, and label with butterfly/sentiment!! Ohhh....moving-that's a project-hope it goes well!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Beautiful x10! Fun colors and I LOOOOOOOOVE that pom pom ribbon!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Sue! I just love your colors and design! Hope that packing and moving is going well sweetie! Thinking of you! Hugs, Joanna

Ginny said...

Just stunning, Sue. Red and Black is the sure way to elegance and the yellow just makes it pop all the more. Love the pom pom trim. What a sweet card for Mona. I know she loves it.

Cyndie said...

Awww, what a cute and cheerful card! I love the little puffballs bobbing along that border, and the combination of patterns is genius!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh how pretty. I know Mona loved it. That pom pom trim is too cute! :)

Have a safe and stress free move.

Hugs~

Cheryl said...

Oooo, this is stunning! I love all the details, with the beautiful flower, scallops, embossing, and that cute pompom trim!