Thursday, January 20, 2011

CR84FN11 ~ I just LOVE these colors!

It's That Time for another CR84FN Color Challenge and this week's color combo is one of my personal FAVS!  I hope you come play along with us this week!  You have until Friday, January 21st at 11:50 PM Eastern Time to post your Fabulous creation!
This is what I made for you this week.  I hope it sparks some inspiration for you!
 
The first thing I did was create the center focal point.  I cut out a scalloped square with my Spellbinders Nestability.  Then I covered all the scallops with sticky notes so I could stamp the text without it getting on the scallops.  Then I stamped the LOVE image in versamark and embossed it with my FAV ZING Brownie embossing powder.  *Tip of the week - make sure you rub the adhesive off of the scallops that was left by the sticky notes or the embossing powder will stick there as well.  I learned this the hard way and had to do it again!  LOL!  (I'll send that one to one of my less picky non-card making friends!)  I distressed the scalloped edges with Ranger distressing ink.  Then I have this new yummy dyed seam binding I bought from Prairie Bird Boutique.  I kinda wound it through the scallops to add a feminine touch.  I punched out a red heart and ran it through the Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder.  I added a heart charm and velvet brad to finish the embellie off.  I mounted it on a glittery piece of My Mind's Eye designer paper, then onto a piece of Pure Poppy and then onto the Dark Chocolate card!  The velvet Making Memories scalloped ribbon was the finishing touch.  I will CRY when I use this ribbon up!
Okay, that's my card for the CR84FN11 Color Challenge.  Now go make something!  Need MORE inspiration?  Go see what the other members of the Design Team have made:  Suzanne Czosek, Deborah Frings, Heather Jensen, Stephanie Kraft,Sue Lelli (Me!), Meredith MacRitchie, Andrea Matthews, Lisa Somerville, Mona Pendleton
RECIPE
  • Ink ~ Versamark, SU Close to Cocoa
  • Embossing Powder ~ ZING Brownie
  • Paper ~ PTI Pure Poppy, PTI Dark Chocolate, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found
  • Stamps ~ Tim Holtz Letters to Santa (text), Technique Tuesday Things I LOVE About You
  • Seam Binding ~ Prairie Bird Boutique
  • Ribbon ~ Making Memories Brown Velvet Scallop
  • Brad ~ Spare Parts Red Assorted
  • Charm ~ Charm Me Fancy Heart Charm from Hobby Lobby Jewelry
  • Embossing folder ~ Cuttlebug swirls 
Posted by Picasa

35 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Valentine! Love how you intertwined the Seam Binding!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Valentine's Day card Sue! Love the fancy ribbon treatment!

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous Sue. Love that die and how you laced it up. Great idea. Pretty heart too. :)
I hate it when I make mistakes.

Debbi said...

Love what you did with the beautiful red ribbon! So creative! I also love the heart "O" in love!!! Very creative, Sue! Great job!

FrancineB said...

Cute card. Very clever to weave the ribbon through the border. Very pretty.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful Valentine's Day card, love the colors, and the glitters, just so lovely!

Juls said...

yummy those colours are fabulous together!!! Love your card, especially the ribbon detail! Hugs Juls

Deborah Frings said...

This is just gorgeous! I really like the ribbon through the nestie - looks so pretty. And the detail in the "o" is fab!!

Cassandra said...

Gorgeous Sue, have to say I love those colours together too, see if I can get to creating something this week.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Whilst we are OK, there are many people who are not, but the human spirit is an amazing thing, there have been several thousand volunteers over the past few days (they have had to turn some away), my husband helped a lady yesterday to wash her china, and have a bit of a chat i suspect, whatever helps I guess.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the scalloped square with the ribbon twined through. Perfect Valentine!

Lynn said...

Oh Sue...you knocked the challenge out of the park! Love how you weaves the ribbon through the scallops!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Very Beautiful card - love the ribbon and the charm!!!
Greetings from Austria!
Ulina
Thanks for your email! Do you still have 25°F? We have 54°F today and it´s like spring!

Diane Burns said...

I wouldn't have even of thought of using post it notes of cover the scallops in the first place! I love reading how others made their cards because you learn so much. Beautiful card, I can't wait to play along!

Marge said...

Your clever seam binding treatment of winding intermittently through the scallops -- genius!!! LOVE it!!! Absolutely a FABULOUS card!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous Sue!!! What a great idea to stamp the nestie, must try that! Love it! I am going to try and play along with this one, love the colours :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful love card, Sue! Love your fancy ribbon treatment!

Stella said...

You are amazing with that theme called "love" did you know that? :) Fabulous inspiration card for me; I am always struggling with red... But this is gorgeous. Gotta have that LOVE stamp :)

Michele Gross said...

Wowzers!! Threading that ribbon through the scallops was GENIUS!! Such a pillowy effect! Love the sheer romance of this card :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Sue, I love how you tied the seam binding through your die cut... what a neat idea :) This is a beautiful card!!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Sue! I love how you tied the ribbon! What a beautiful detail!

Emily Keaton said...

What a beauty, Sue!! I just love these colors, too. :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How cute running that ribbon thru, luv your card.

Andrea M said...

Sue - this is FABULOUS!!! Love the ribbon weaved through the border! So romantic :) Just beautiful!!! Great take on the challenge colors! Wonderful inspiration!

Melanie said...

Gorgeous card, Sue!!! I love how you ran the ribbon through the lacey square! Very creative! Great use of the colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gale Evans said...

Another stunning card, Sue! I just love your style and I really love the beautiful seam binding with the die! What a beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing!

Basement Stamper said...

I love your ribbon treatment on this card, so cute!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, love the way you pulled the ribbon through the frame.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue, I love your take on the colors...super gorgeous card and I love how you wrapped the ribbon through the die...perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

Bianca said...

Stunning card love the way the ribbon is tread

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh I love how you weaved the ribbon around the frame!! The brown and red together are yummy!

Joanne Leddy said...

Weaving the ribbon through the scallops looks fabulous! It add texture and dimension while keeping the card soft and feminine - gorgeous! I love this idea! Wow - thanks for sharing!

Annabelle said...

Sue, thanks so much for the comments you made about my card. I love the way you wove the ribbon on this card. And the heart charm, too!

Beverly said...

GOR JUS! Love how you stamped the middle of your focal point!

Geri said...

Beautiful design, Sue! And I love all your other creations, too!! Wanted to thank you for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment on my pin cushion--so encouraging--Thanks A BUNCH!! Have a great day!!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful design. Love the color.