Thursday, February 11, 2010

3 Challenges and 86 Valentine's Cards Later!!!

Laura' Sketch #45 from 2 Sketches For You,
colour Q challenge #19 ;
and Crazy 4 Challenges #23 - Be My Valentine - Valentine themed card











Here's my card I made for my husband!

Edit: I was selected Colour Queen with this card!
I LOVED everything about these three challenges - the sketch is FAB because it is so different, the colors are FAB because I could make my card look a little more manly for my husband! And what isn't there to LOVE about a Valentine themed card! I wanted a little texture in the blank space so I cut a second layer of the sweet blush paper and embossed it in my Cuttlebug.

I also stamped the lighter brown with PTI's Background Basics Heart Text Stamp. The wide brown ribbon is actually a cheap belt that came on a pair of shorts I bought last summer. I cut the buckle off and knew I'd use it some day - like today! The heart border is my very FAVORITE K&Company adhesive ribbon called smitten. The button is a random button from a mixed bag of buttons from JoAnn's. The Love stamp is from Stampendous Love Messages and I stamped it with SU Chocolate Chip and then clear embossed it to give it some UUMMPH! I know he'll like this card but he'll LOVE what I wrote inside even better!

These next pictures are of the 85 cards I made for a nursing home. I am FINALLY done and I'm proud to say every one is different! My neighbor and I brought cards to this home last year plus this year we'll have sandwiches, so they will be happy to see us. This is a GREAT way to make good use of all of those embellishments and papers I have been collecting. These people are just so happy to have visitors and to get something with their name on it. It's a ton of work but so very rewarding. I'm just glad I made a lot of guy cards because it seems like there are more gentlemen there this year than last year.


Okay, I have just posted my LAST Valentine's Day card for 2010. I hope everyone who visits my blog has the BEST Valentine's Day EVER!







Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Jo said...

I love everything about your card Sue! And well sone for doing such an awesome job creating all those cards! Have a great time delivering them!

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE you card! Great colors...pink and brown are so yummy together! Thanks for playing! :) Kathy

Laura Davis said...

This is adorable! I love all the detail :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Monique said...

WOW!!! Love all those cards...Holy smokers..Great JOB!! :)

LeAnne said...

WOW! These are awesome cards, and look at all that stash you made! You are a sweet person!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats Sue on creating this mound of Valentines! I can feel the love just oozing from each & every single one of these! They are all very pretty! :) TFS

Kelly Schelske said...

Love your V-day card for your hubby! Way to go with the 85 cards, they are fabulous and I am sure will be so appreciated!

Christa said...

Thank you Katy for your nice comment on my blog! Love the card for your husband too. And what a wonderful and sweet idea of making all these magnificent cards for the people. Sure they'll love it!!!

cnelson said...

wow!! how wonderful to create all those Valentines!! Your 2S4Y card is just fabulous!

farmhouse-story said...

i love EVERYTHING about your card for your husband, sue! its to die for cute!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, you have done a great job!

Sylvia said...

Your card and cards are wonderful. Happy Valentine's Day to you as well!

Loretta said...

Awesome cards, Sue. You are something else! I love the one you did for your hotty hubby;) Happy V day to you too!

Rochelle said...

So cute! Great job!

Michele Gross said...

Great card! Love the button for the O and all the layers.

Justine said...

WHOA this is fantastic. Love your take on the challenge sketch but wow all of these other Valentines are amazing.. Girl it takes me an entire day to end up with one card!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a terrific card!!! Congrats on being one of this week's colourQueens!!! Make sure you grab your well deserved badge from the right sidebar over at colourQ.blogspot.com...

Jo said...

I know I already commented but I wanted to come back and say congratulations on your win!!!

Laura.K said...

Wow. So gorgeous card, and you have such a big heart.