Thursday, February 11, 2010

Creative Inspirations - Challenge 47 - Anyone For Leftovers???!!!

Wow! When I saw this Challenge from Creative Inspirations on someone's blog I was looking at - I just HAD to enter! I have been making cards - 85 to be exact - for a nursing home and all I practically used were my leftovers! The above 5 cards were all made with a scrap I had left over from a 12 x 12 piece of paper I bought for another project. I loved that it looked like chalkboard and the pink heart with the arrow and "I love you" was part of one corner of the paper. If you enlarge the first pic, you can see the many different ways and color combos I used to make them all different.
I hoard my scraps and I want to show you how I organize them for easy access. This next pic shows how I save all of the plastic boxies my stamp sets from PTI or packs of greeting cards come in. I have put labels on them and organize them by such things as ribbon bits, nestie rectangles, Labels 1, flowers, birds, leaves, etc. , and I just added hearts. I'll be way ahead of the game for next year.
The other helpful thing I do that you can see in the next pic, is save my scraps of papers in hanging file folders at the desk I work at. I organize them by color.
I went through these files to pick out every piece of Valentine's colored paper and cut out various sizes of hearts and words. I also have a file with small letters and large letters that I bought when I first started scrapbooking but don't really use now. They came in so handy for this huge undertaking - I used a lot of X's and O's and Luv U's! I also went through a drawer I have with all of the "Love related" embellies I have been collecting for years. I was able to make 85 cards and use up a lot of supplies I've had for ages. It was so much fun to use all of my leftovers and see what I could create next. Most of all, it's fun to be organized!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Great way to use up your scraps Sue! I really believe being organized is half the crafting battle! :) TFS

farmhouse-story said...

i really like how you sort and store your extra embellishments! i'll have to try something like that. right now i mix everything together-not so good-thanks!

Natalie Hua said...

Thank you for stopping by Sue! Your cards are super cute!

amber said...

sue, thanks so much for your sweet comment & the congrats! :) and i love your organization process...i've been researching all sorts of different plans so your blog was perfect timing! :)

Courtney Baker said...

I have the same system. I think it works really well.

1CardCreator said...

I love all of your cards and your organizing tips, thanks for sharing. Take care, ~Diane