This is just what I needed to get those creative juices flowing! I've been away at my parent's house in Florida for over a week and was unable to make anything so I REALLY needed this! I just LOVE these colors and used them to make another Valentine's Day card.
This is a close up of the heart I used from an old CTMH set. Since I don't have any burgundy ink, I stamped the heart in Versamark, clear embossed it, and cut it out. I LOVE this glossy look! I popped it with huge pop dots to make it really stand out. I also strung a heart ribbon slide on ric rac as an added touch.
Here is the final card. The little piece of paper with adore on it is actually a kind of sticky note from Heidi Swapp called journaling spots. I thought they were chipboard when I bought them so I was pleased to see there were lots of them in the package. I also used my new and now FAVORITE edge punch from Martha Stewart and two different pieces of ribbon in a kit I won. That's my card! Let me know if you like it!RECIPE:
Ink - Versamark, SU Grey Wool
Paper - All PTI - Scarlet Jewel, Sweet Blush
Stamp Sets - CTMH Heartfelt, PTI Background Basics Hearts, PTI Say It With Style
Slide - All My Memories Heart Ribbon Slide
Ribbon - Cream Saddle Stitch, Scarlet Sheer, Cream Ric Rac
Journal Spot - heidi swapp journaling spots
Punches - SU Scallop Edge, Martha Stewart Heart Edge Punch




7 comments:
Welcome back Sue, I like your embossed heart. It really stands out. Beautiful as always!
Oh this is just lovely. Love your layout with the scallops and ric rac. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - we hope you are enjoying the challenges. Look for a brand new challenge this Saturday!
Sue, this card is gorgeous! I love all the details! The heart scalloped border is so pretty & I love the charm! Great job mixing up this week's colors from the Just Us Girls color challenge! Hope to see you Saturday for an all new challenge!
I love the heart!
very stylish!! Love it!!
Sue!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this heart! It's BEAUTIFUL! Gotta love CTMH :O) Gorgeous ribbon and paper also! Soooo pretty :]
Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!
This is fantastic! I LOVE that embossed heart, and charm, but I really love how that sentiment extends into a frame! Beautifully detailed!!
Post a Comment