Okay, I HAD to make another box using the wave template from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs for the JUGS #13 Challenge, but this time I translated it literally! And BTW, I used blue, too!
Here's my box and it is all about my son who loves the beach and loves to skimboard. The paper I used for the box had big bold words on it and I made the front wave flap look like the waves rolling up on the shore.
In the next pic you can see how I ripped layers of paper and used stickles to look like sparkling water. The sun is a CTMH stamp which I stamped in orange, colored the middle in yellow and used crystal effects to make it shiny. I also just LOVE this epoxy surfboard sticker from Creative Imaginations that I put on the waves.
Now for the inside!
Now for the inside which I have to say I LOVE. This is a pic of my son jumping in the air doing tricks at the beach. I split the pic with a Heidi Swapp wave sticker to make a smooth transition between the top of the flap and the inside fold. I think it looks pretty cool like that. He'll like his name on this! I wanted to make it look manly. Also it worked out REALLY GREAT that you can read all of the words on the box and see how perfect this paper is.
This is the back of the box. He hasn't seen it yet but I'll give it to him tomorrow.
RECIPE:
Paper - BoBunny Beach Party, Blue cardstock
Epoxy sticker - Creative Imaginations
Crystal Effects
Stickles
Heidi Swapp Wave Sticker
Dymo Label Gun
Here's my box and it is all about my son who loves the beach and loves to skimboard. The paper I used for the box had big bold words on it and I made the front wave flap look like the waves rolling up on the shore.In the next pic you can see how I ripped layers of paper and used stickles to look like sparkling water. The sun is a CTMH stamp which I stamped in orange, colored the middle in yellow and used crystal effects to make it shiny. I also just LOVE this epoxy surfboard sticker from Creative Imaginations that I put on the waves.
Now for the inside!
Now for the inside which I have to say I LOVE. This is a pic of my son jumping in the air doing tricks at the beach. I split the pic with a Heidi Swapp wave sticker to make a smooth transition between the top of the flap and the inside fold. I think it looks pretty cool like that. He'll like his name on this! I wanted to make it look manly. Also it worked out REALLY GREAT that you can read all of the words on the box and see how perfect this paper is.
This is the back of the box. He hasn't seen it yet but I'll give it to him tomorrow.
RECIPE:
Paper - BoBunny Beach Party, Blue cardstock
Epoxy sticker - Creative Imaginations
Crystal Effects
Stickles
Heidi Swapp Wave Sticker
Dymo Label Gun









12 comments:
Oh my gosh Sue! This Wave box is sooo cool & I am sure your son will love it! I find it so challenging to make a "masculine" card - yours looks amazing!!! My son is an extreme bicyclist & would love a memento box like this!! Thank you so much for making another creation & playing along with Just Us Girls & for the inspiration!
Oh my goodness, what a fabulous creation!
WoWzA, this is just fabulous, Sue, inside and out! The details are just perfect; love this!
What an awesome creation! I love everything about it. I am so glad that you are adding new creations to your blog. I love to click on a blog and see something new and wonderful. This was such a treat. Kevin will be blown away. I know I was.
Sue! You crazy template girl you! ;) THis is fab! You chose awesome paper for the outside of your box and the picture surprise inside is totally awesome dude! I have to remember this trick in the future. THanks for playing again with us!
Too cool! Great surfer card! Love that huge wave! Any surfer would love this!
Have I told you how creative you are! This is fabulous! Your son will love it. I love it! Have a safe and Happy New Year!
TOTALLY fantastic Sue! Love many things about it - I grew up at Sunset Beach (CA) and my son's name is Kevin - so this made me do a double take! The picture on the inside is fabulous. Great job with the template #2!!!
This is one awesome project...such a cool design with the wave pattern on the front and the picture of your son on the inside...love the wonderful paper you used, too!!!
OMWORD!!! This is stunning Sue!! I ♥ it! I think you might become addicted to templates girl ;). Or at least *I'll* be addicted to your template creations ;). GREAT job!
Tres cool mon ami!
I looked for you at Hobby Lobby yesteray. I went crazy on the 50% off paper sale. I used my entire Christmas gift certificate. It was mucho fun though! They have some great paper packs right now. I may go back and get a couple of the Basic Gray that I passed on. Do you know how much paper I have?!!! Is it a sickness?
Beverly
sue, this is just too awesome, girl! love it!
Post a Comment