Monday, December 28, 2009

JUGS #13 Challenge - Use a Template

Okay, I am now going to eat my words! I said I would NEVER use a template but when I looked at the beautiful projects on the JUGS site and then looked at Kelleigh Ratzlaff's designs, I was hooked! This is what I made with the wave template.
This is the outside of my little box. Isn't it just adorable! I downloaded the template onto patterned designer paper (I cut down a 12 x 12 to 8 1/2 x 11 so I could print directly onto the paper I chose to use). I made the template print on the outside so I could hide the marks with brown distressing and wouldn't have any dotted fold lines on the inside when you opened it.
I used my FAV tool, the Scor-Pal to make all of the fold lines.
Here is the inside. Don't you just love the stripes???!!! I love how you can still see the two hearts from the outside and the layered heart on the inside. This box works really well with the thicker designer paper. I also put a ribbon across the slits in the front of the box where you tuck the wave flap.

On the top of the box I stamped hugs and kisses! In this pic you can also see how great the distressing looks. My advice is to stamp everything on the inside and out before you glue the box together. I even adhered the ribbon and tucked the rough edges inside the box before I glued it together. I also recommend you use Terrifically Tacky Tape (double sided orange looking) to adhere the sides so it will stay together. All in all this was one of the most FUN things I've created! Thanks JUGS for this challenge so I would try something I said I would NEVER do!!!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Close to Cocoa, Cat's Eye Chestnut for distressing
Paper - Bo Bunny Paris Romance, PTI Blush
Stamp Sets - PTI Heart Prints, PTI Basic Background Text, PTI Fancy Flourishes, Stampendous Love Messages
Ribbon - Making Memories Noteworthy
Bling - Recollections Pink Pearls, Rob and Bob Studio Craft Candy Love
Punches - EK Success small and large hearts, Marvy Scalloped Heart

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Davi said...

Wow Sue that is such a pretty box!! Love the shape and the hearts!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable.

Diane Burns said...

Very cute Sue, the DP is great and love your tip for distressing over the template lines!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Goodness Sue!!! This wavy box is gorgeous! I love that DP, your distressing & those little pearls add such a nice accent! AMAZING photography :) Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge - I hope you come back & play again Saturday!

Lisa Kind said...

Sue, this is so pretty, and I'm so glad we challenged you to try something out of your comfort zone. When Lauren Meader came out with her templates, I said the exact same thing...why would I ever use these? Now I'm hooked! I love templates! And yours is so pretty...love the dp and hearts! I almost used this template myself for the challenge! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge!

Dana Gustafson said...

Sue! This is fantastic! I love how you jumped in with both feet and tried something new with Kelleigh and the JUGS girls! Kelleigh's templates do have a way of saying "try me", don't they?? Your wave box gets an "A" for A-dorable!! I love the double sided DP for this project and all of your wonderful 3-d heart embellies make this a happy little box packed with love...even BEFORE you fill it up! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Don't forget to email me at paperdaydream at aol dot com for a great 40% discount to Kelleigh's store, just for playing along!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

This is gorgeous, Sue!! YAY! I'm so glad you decided to try out my template for the challenge. You did a fabulous job! I LOVE the stripes on the inside. Totally fabulous!!

BethieJ said...

OH I LOVE this... BEAUTIFUL Box... arent templates fun!! :)

Deb Neerman said...

This is beautiful, Sue!

AKiteFlier said...

Sue this is just fantastic. LOVE the double sided paper - great idea to keep the lines on the outside so they could be hidden. Love the hearts. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls.