I used the colors from Dawn McVey's Color Challenge for this card. Not easy colors for me!I also REALLY wanted to enter the JUGS 10 Challenge this week (I love those girls!) however I ran out of time, so when I used their sketch last night I was very free with MY interpretation. (The swirl above the tree counts as my second circle!) Both challenges were difficult for me but this card is what I came up with. I thought about fall leaves so I heat embossed this brown tree and colored in the flowers and leaves with my rust color. The aqua made me think of that one lone bird flying against all odds to deliver the message of love. (How sappy am I???!!!)
I used SU Chocolate Chip ink and clear embossed it immediately after stamping the image. I love how this technique works and I use it frequently.
The sentiment is from the same Hero Arts stamp set as the tree - Clear Designs Trees, Birds and Messages. I LOVE the rustic look. It is stamped on PTI Vintage Cream cardstock. The bird is die cut out of shimmery aqua cardstock with the Sizzix border Birds and Branches die cut.
I really love this sheer ribbon with the flourishes in this rust color. It compliments the flourishes I stamped with Versamark in my background. I also used these supposedly brown crystals from PTI - Kaiser scrapbook - but they look rust to me. I used all the colors - YEAH!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Zig marker - burgundy (looks rust on kraft)
Stamp Sets - Hero Arts Clear Design Trees, Birds, and Messages, PTI Fancy Flourishes
Die Cut - Sizzix border die Birds and Branches
Paper - SU Kraft, PTI - Vintage Cream, Shiny Aqua Cardstock
Other - Clear Embossing powder, Kaiser Rhinestones from PTI - Brown, flourish sheer ribbon









9 comments:
Sue this is very pretty - great colors from Dawn's challenge. Thanks for playing along with Just Us GIrls!
what a wonderful blog and such a sweet family....grat creations....have a wonderful weekend!
enjoy *~*
It certainly was a challenge! Your card is lovely!
And we love you BACK Sue! So glad you carved out some creative time for the JUGs and RS challenges. What a wonderful card to share with a loved one.
Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! I hope we'll see you back tomorrow for more challenge fun!
This card is wonderful Sue! I love how you placed those rhinestones every so carefully in the Flourish image! You did a great job combining challenges- thank you so much for using the JUGS sketch! I hope you are able to play along this week with the super fun chalkboard technique challenge! :) TFS
love the sheer ribbon and bow...I'm really into using sheer a lot this Christmas :) That birdie is so sweet :)
Love you ribbon! Pretty card.
Hi Sue. This is SOOOO lovely! What a beautiful take on both challenges. I love the sheer ribbon too :)
I love how the ribbon compliments the flourishes on the card!
Post a Comment