Where have I been? I have been making 80 of these Christmas cards and hosting a neighborhood party and gift drive for needy kids in my town. Now the party is over and I can concentrate on getting these cards out in the mail today! This card fulfills the requirements for five challenges:
Pile It On - Tinsel Town - Glitter
Practical Scrappers - Something Christmas
Pink Elephant - favorite Christmas colors - blue/greens
Cupcake Craft Challenge #69 - Sing a Christmas Carol. (My card actually sings two carols - First Noel on the outseide and We Wish You a Merry christmas on the inside!!!)
Gingersnaps Color Creations #31 - Monochromatic - shades of blue/green
This is the FIRST year I have still loved my Christmas card at the end of the card making process! Maybe it's the monochromatic colors with all the shine and sparkles! I stamped the tree and clear embossed it. I stippled Silver ink and Enchanted Evening ink around the tree and the sentiment and distressed the background paper edge with Ocean Tides ink to give it more dimension. Then my favorite touch is the clear sparkle adhesive paper I free cut to look like snow. I also used Crystal stickles on the three ornaments and of course - bling and shine everywhere!Then I put this pic of my family inside with the great stamped sentiment from PTI's Signature Christmas. I am in LOVE with that set because MY handwriting is so awful! I hope you like my card!
RECIPE
Ink - PTI Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Versamark
Pen - Stanpin' Up Not Quite Navy
Paper - PTI Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, CS Silver, Clear Sparkle Adhesive
Stamp Sets - PTI Signature Christmas, PTI Tree Trimming Trio
Punches - Stampin' Up Scallop, Star and Circle punches









21 comments:
This is very very pretty. I love the idea of putting your families picture in the inside.
Sue,
Welcome back! :) Love your card...I just put my christmas cards in the mail too...so glad to mark that off the list!
Wow thats a lot of cards...so nicely done!
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.
Fabulous card - gosh so many of them completed - you star. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/
Very pretty Sue and I love how you added your pic on the inside that's a great idea. Great job on 80 of them! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE
Thanks for leaving a comment on my gift bag. I love your card. I can't believe you made so many of them. They are beautiful.
Oh my goodness, look at all of those! Congrats on getting all of them done - that is an accomplishment all in its own! :) The cards are stunning and will bring a smile to each that open them! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!
You are one busy woman! I'm in awe & a little envious of how far ahead you are in your Christmas card production! :) It's a gorgeous card & your recipients are very lucky. :)
Oh wow they are fabulous! Well done on all those makes. Kim
WELCOME BACK!!! I thought you may have been careless with your light tent! YIKES You sure have been one busy stamper! This card is fabulous & I love the picture with soooo many cards! The glittery shimmer looks so pretty! What an awesome, kind thing to do Sue! I hope you have a wonderful day & holiday! :) TFS
Sue your blog is great. I see everything is fixed today. Yeah! Wow your Christmas cards are beautiful. I see lots of love and time spent on them.
Oh, those are 80 VERY lucky people! Gorgeous!!!
Those are stunning cards. Love the tree.
What a cute card. I love the image and the sparkle is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Gorgeous card and take on the theme! Love the idea! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge!
Shelly ;)
Girlfriend! You are my hero! These Christmas cards are gorgeous!
What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Monochromatic Challenge!
This is even more spectacular in person! Just beautiful colors and texture.
omg sue, that is a lot of cards! lovely cards btw.
Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It On!
- dalis
I got this card in the mail today. It is beautiful!!! Love love love it!
NOW how did you make the envelope?
How impressive is that gorgeous card.....and you made 80 of them!! Wow, I am suitably impressed!
Post a Comment