Saturday, December 12, 2009

JUGS #11 - Chalkboard Technique

This JUGS #11 Challenge was so much fun! The tutorial is great and shows you how to do this technique.
BIG HUGS to Mona for telling me which light tent she uses and to get a third lamp. This is the BEST pic of a card I have ever taken! How exciting! Anyway, I made a Valentine's Day card. Only 74 more to go. My neighbor and I take cards to a nursing home that doesn't get a lot of visitors. It gives us a project to work on and they are so excited to be remembered.

This is a close up of my 1st attempt at chalking with white ink instead of Versamark. I like it better because it's easier to see the lines however I discovered because white ink is sometimes so goopy, I dabbed chalk over the entire image and THEN started making the swirling motions. I took the chalkboard technique literally and made black my background. I just LOVE black and pink and red together for Valentine's Day! BTW the pink heart has a second heart pop dotted on it for dimension. You can see it beter if you enlarge the pic. Hope you like it!
RECIPE:
Ink - PTI Fresh Snow
Paper - PTI - Black and white, DP - KI Memories
Chalk
Heart Bling
Argyl Ribbon
Die Cut - Spellbinder's Labels 1

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Oh what a sweet thing to do for those elderly folks! I'm sure they really appreciate them! And your card is so pretty! You really did an great job on the technique challenge! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

Kristin Eberline said...

Sue, this is so pretty! Love that you used the nestie and framed it along with the hearts using the chalkboard technique! Your soft and bold contrasting colors are fabulous! LOVE that combo!! You are such a sweetheart for volunteering to bring cards to the nursing home :) What a thoughtful idea!

LOVE how your photo turned out also! I REALLY need to get a photo tent...I tell ya! I'm using a tri-fold poster board and Picasa's "I'm feeling lucky" button. LOL So high tech, right?! Ha ha

Oh and as soon as I read your name over at JUGS I remembered that I never sent you Dana's address! I held off so that I could clear it through her first, but she gave me the go-ahead weeks ago. I'm so sorry for being a slacker. I'll send it, I PROMISE.

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge! Love seeing your beautiful work :O) Hope to see you again next weekend for a fun color challenge hosted by Tracey!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, your card looks Fabulous!!! I am so happy that you are satisfied with your light tent :) You really did an amazing job with the "true" chalkboard technique using black! The hearts really stand out & so does that border around the nestie! What a selfless, heartfelt act of kindness for you & your friend to do!! I bet those residents at the Nursing home will be tickled pink to receive such a beautiful homespun Valentine! Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

AKiteFlier said...

Sue this is totally splendiferous! I love the Valentine theme - those hearts really POP off the paper - what a DELIGHTFUL service you are providing by blessing so many in such a thoughtful way. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :-)

Davi said...

Your chalk turned out really nice. Love the layers and colors.:)

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Sue! Love the hearts using this technique. I'll definitely use my chalks again - this challenge was so much fun! Great job :)