Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Anniversay Pile It On Challenge Card!

It all started with this AMAZING sketch by a 10 year old girl named Aly! I found this sketch at Pile It On Challenges. I can't even come up with ideas this great and she's only 10!

Here's my card using her sketch. I hope it does Aly justice. This is my first experience with Pile It On and the rule (besides having fun which I did!) was to use at least one more current challenge. I used the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge Make a Monochramatic Card, and the 365 Cards Challenge using the word "So" in my sentiment.


A couple of details about this card. My background shape is actually done with masking and not a separate piece of cardstock. I taped a piece of thin paper on my gray card and then stamped the text background over and over until the card was covered. Then I removed the paper and the image was left blank. It is so pretty in person. (If you enlarge the pic of the entire card, it's easier to see that detail). The lovebird tag is from a DEAL at Michaels half off - Making Memories Black Tie die cuts. I KNEW I'd use them one day.

My anniversary isn't until November 19th but I have the most perfect card ready!

RECIPE:
Stamp Sets - PTI Heart Prints (Sentiment Always), PTI Background Basics Text Style
Ink - PTI Fresh Snow, SU Black
Paper - DCWV - Shades of Black to Gray Paper Pad
Die Cuts - Making Memories Black Tie
Gemstones - Hero Arts Adhesive Crystals
Punch - Scallop SU Punch
Ribbon - PTI Black Satin


Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Tami said...

Thanks for playing at Aly's. What an elegant card. You could have fulled me with the masking. Cool idea:) Hope to see you again at Aly's.

Chrissie said...

This is a really beautiful card I love the monochromatic look! Very elegant.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Super card. Adore the image.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TCS!

Robyn said...

So romantic!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the sketch, love your use of the silhouette image and the text stamping, just gorgeous!

Rose said...

stunning card!! :0)

Mari AKA Momo said...

I love this card... I am a big fan of black and white... Great Job!

Lesley said...

I love your card!!! This is such a great interpretation of the sketch!!! Love the elegance of it!!!

Elise said...

Whoa! Sue! This is GORGEOUS! Are you kidding me? A 10 year old! OMG! Plus, you REALLY made it look fabulous! SUCH an amazing and elegant card! Astonishingly beautiful material choices: you're fabulous, darling!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very cool card! Love the color and stamp set you used!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card! The texture, the layers, all of it - just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Such an elegant card! Love those love birds! Thanks so much for playing along at Pile It On!

Rihani said...

Hi Sue, This is a beautiful card!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment! I think it's fantastic that you donate your cards to the retirement home!! Thanks for sharing, it is a great idea and hopefully I can find a few places to donate cards to as well. As you would know, the accumalate very quickly :)
Hope you have a great day!!

scrappin_mom3 said...

This is just stunning!! Georgous colors and so elegant! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Kerri

Judy said...

Beautiful card!

DonnaMundinger said...

wow this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at TCS. xxD

Silvia said...

I love this card! It looks soooo elegant and that bow it just perfect.

Gloria Stengel said...

GORGEOUS! Simply stunning!

Kirsty @ Quirky Card Designs said...

Beautiful Card, a very classy interpretation of the sketch!

P.S. Thanks for your comments on my Christmas cards

Maureen said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your take on the sketch and the black and white is very stunning! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Pam said...

Wow - this card is stunning!

{PurpleD} said...

Wow, the masking effect is amazing! I've GOT to try it!!