Creative Day Today!
I have had something in my mind for a while and today I was able to bring it to fruition! I bought a black journal to highlight my travels and I was inspired to make the cover my interpretation of the Northern Lights in Iceland. Following is the inspiration pic:
I wanted to create my silhouette with the lights all around me.
Edit! THIS is my 5th rendition and it no longer looks like the photo I posted before. It now looks like THIS:
I added silver stars, too! I think I am finally HaPpY with it!
Edit! THIS is my 5th rendition and it no longer looks like the photo I posted before. It now looks like THIS:
I added silver stars, too! I think I am finally HaPpY with it!
Here is my journal cover:
Yes it's a little more intense and artsy but that is how the Northern lights made me feel!
I did the white streaky because of what I learned trying to photograph the Northern lights. You have to set the exposure time at 10 seconds and if you move, the stars become white lines or streaks in your image. This will remind me of how cold it was and how I kept shaking while trying to take pics with my IPhone! I have some funny photos!
On the inside two pages, I started attaching ticket stubs from my trips. I will continue to do this throughout the book and scrap two or 4 pages from each location.
This will be a work in progress but it will enable me to have pics and memorabilia from all of my trips without having to make a book for each one. Hopefully I will like this method of journaling! We shall see!
Thanks for stopping by!





5 comments:
Love love love love this! LOVING that cover, so GORGEOUS!! And loving the items you added to the pages! Perfection!!!!
Nailed it!! I think you captured the movement as well as your silhouette. Looks great Sue and can't wait to see more!
Oh, wow! Beautiful cover with wonderful movement and color! Awesome silhouette, too! A great book filled with fun memories!
That's beautiful!! Such a good idea to take the photo as inspiration, well done Sue!
Thank you for your wonderful Christmas card, hope mine arrived by now ...
That's amazing!! Well done you!
Post a Comment