Thursday, June 13, 2019

Seize The Birthday #167 Anything Goes


I couldn't sleep last night.  I sat next to a friend's husband at dinner last night and we were all talking about getting older.  I told him I was having an age crisis and he shared his philosophy with me.  It's actually going to be his 72nd birthday this Friday and he said he considers every day a gift, that every day he wakes up is another chance to make that day count.  I NEED to be more like him and quit dwelling on the number.

So I got up at 4am and started looking through my old PTI stamps.  Then I looked at blog challenges and decided to play with Seize the Birthday Anything Goes.  (Loved the DT inspiration!)

I actually found the absolute perfect sentiments and I proceeded to make these cards:
I couldn't believe I had that sentiment!  And on the inside I stamped Celebrate today and every day!

I was hoping in this close up pic you could see that I clear embossed the ink immediately after I stamped it.  You get a shiny sheen that adds texture.  I clear embossed the sentiment, too.  I LOVE the background wood planks for this masculine card.  I also love the grainy look from stamping on texture watercolor paper.

 Second card:
I had one more piece of background paper that was running in the other direction.  I will send this one to another male I know who is also celebrating his birthday Friday.  Like I've said before - June is a busy birthday month!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

TaeEun said...

You have a very wise friend! How awesome you found the perfect sentiment!
The teal color of the stamped image and the wood plank go so well together!
Awesome masculine birthday cards! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

You're on a role! Two more perfect masculine cards! Your friend sounds like he's got a great outlook on life!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful cards!! Your hubby is right... Just enjoy each moment my friend... I think I'm older than you too! Lol!

Maria said...

Beautiful masculine cards! Wonderful color and perfect sentiments!!

Marjan said...

Gorgeous cards for men, Sue! Love the wood backgrounds and the contrast with the embossed panel!
Hope you get over your age crises soon, go with the flow :) XX