Thursday, May 2, 2019

Tag You're It #86 - Selective Coloring - Take 2

I decided to play with the Tag You're It #86 Challenge one more time.

Years ago I purchased a stamp from a UK company called Crafty Individuals because I LOVED the image but I just couldn't make the stamp work.  I didn't know - until I visited Stella - that you have to adhere a backing to the rubber stamp to make it into a stamp that works!  DUH!!!
Now I can use this Beautiful stamp and play in this challenge.
Here is my Take 2:
Not sure if you can tell but something I love to do is stamp with archival black ink and immediately put the image in clear embossing powder.  I keep a plastic sandwich sized container on my desk full of clear embossing powder just for this.  When you heat it, you get a crisp image, it's easier to color in the lines, and it doesn't look just stamped.  Anyway, that is what I did here so the image is shiny and slick to the touch.
I colored the flower on the tag and then colored another one, cut it out, popped it on top, and added yellow stickles to the center.
I had so much FUN making this!  I even put a speck of blue on her eyes and pink on her lips.
Thanks Tag You're It for having this challenge!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YOU are AMAZING!! I am IN LOVE with this!!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh she's darling! This is such a sweet tag Sue and I like the color you used for the single bloom. I have a couple of stamps like that too. I just roll up some Scotch or Washi tape on the back of it to stick it to my acrylic block or Misti. Works like a charm ;)

Ros Crawford said...

What a great take on the challenge!! Love it!

Marybeth said...

Hi sweet friend!n, sorry Im such a bad blogger. Instagram is faster for me. Wow on your amazing tag! Its like a work of art!

Kelly Szafron said...

Beautiful tag! Thank you for sharing your creative tag with us at Tag You're It!