Friday, November 23, 2018

Worst Day EVER

Today we had to take our 13 year old kitty, Houdini, to be put to sleep.  He all of a sudden became diabetic and we put him on daily insulin shots but he quickly went downhill.  We all agreed that today was the day so my husband, son, and I took her to the vet.  We all said our goodbyes and stayed with her until she passed.  We knew she was ready, too.  It was just heartbreaking.

Here is the photo of when we adopted Houdini and Pyrat at a vet in Michigan when they were 7 and 8 weeks old.  My son came home from taking his Grandpa's cat to the vet when we were visiting and made me go back to the vet to see these kitties.  My son really wanted the black cat, Houdini, and I told him we would have to take both.  
We flew them home on the plane to Florida and now it's 13 years later.

This is my son last year holding Houdini for his Christmas photo:

Houdini 2005-2018
Rest in Peace Sweet Kitty

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Sue I am so very sorry... I know just how hard that must have been for you all... Beautiful photos and know that I am thinking of you all.

Loretta said...

I’m so sorry Sue. Pyrat will miss her as I know you will too. Hugs to you all.

Maria said...

Oh, my! So sorry, Sue. It is so difficult to lose a pet. We truly know the heart ache since losing our dog, Shadow, just a couple weeks ago. Wonderful photos of your son with beautiful Houdini! Sending big hugs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am so sorry :( My old beagle had diabetes and I know how quickly it can take them :( You treat it like 'human' diabetes, but their bodies are smaller, and it takes it toll faster :( I am truly sorry for your loss -- hugs and love my friend <3

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry Sue, my heart goes out to all of you. Take comfort in knowing there will come time when you can look at these photos with smiles and fond memories instead of tears. Sending love and prayers your way.

JoAnn said...

So sorry about your kitty. My thoughts are with you. Take care.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Sue, I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are true members of the family! Sending hugs to all of you.

Marjan said...

Sorry for your loss, you will miss him. Pets become our friends.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awwww.... my heart is weeping for you, Sue! Sorry to hear that! Big hugs to all!