Thursday, May 24, 2018

Creative Dream - Mixed Media on a Record Album

I so wish you could see this in person!  It is so beautiful and nearly impossible to photograph!  You are all going to have to come to Whim So Doodle in St. Pete, FL, to take this class:

I took a vinyl record album, added all kinds of metals and layers and a paint brush and doilies and pearls, etc, and then covered it all with black gesso.  Then I painted away.

Here is a close up of the elements.  Did you notice the cherub and the stars at the top?
I used Prima's Deep Waters Metallique paint, Prima's opal magic blue velvet wax, and Prima's SPARKS Dragon Eye paint for highlights and splatters.

I call this piece creative dream.

I punched a hole in the album and tied a piece of black ribbon that I cut off of my White House Black Market shopping bag.  This way I can hang it on the wall.  I don't throw anything away!

I hope you like it.  Wish the photos were better!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWW! This is STUNNING!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a transformation! It's beautiful Sue!

Marjan said...

Wow, what an original and very lovely project this is!! Really beautiful, Sue!!

JoAnn said...

Great job with your lovely mixed media project.

Maria said...

So very beautiful, Sue!!! Darling cherub, wonderful stars, and sweet butterfly! Love all the gold! Lots of beauty on your creation...well done!!!

Sue Lelli said...

I am no longer receiving email notifications from Blogger. Darnall suggested leaving yourself a comment and said subsequent comments come to your email box. I am resting this to see if this is true. Fingers crossed!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my! Look at all those gorgeous colors! Love this ♥

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow is this ever amazing! Your are so creative!