Sunday, July 10, 2016

With Sympathy

I am so SAD because a 90+ year old woman we have taken care of for a year passed away today.  THAT is the hardest part of this job.
 
I made a sympathy card for her daughter.  I found out that Ida saved every card I had ever made for her.
 
Ida was a real artist and made the most beautiful things.  She lived a long and wonderful life and was able to spend her final years in her daughter and SIL's home where they cared for her and loved her.
 
Rest in Peace, Ida!


13 comments:

peggy gatto said...

So sweet!!
Love the design!

Loretta said...

So sorry, Sue. This card is stunning.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry :( Love the card you made for her daughter -- it's beautiful and perfect!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I am sure Ida's daughter will love it.

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. The card you made for Ida's daughter is very pretty with the flowers and musical note background!

Stella said...

This must be hard for you; loosing someone so very special... Your card will bring comfort and it looks lovely.So thoughtful of you!
XX

Mona Pendleton said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Sue. Your card is so pretty and will surely bring comfort to your friend's family.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a beautiful card. Your friend is going to be very touched by this card.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Sue. I'm sure Ida's daughter appreciated the love that went into this pretty card.

Marjan said...

Ofcourse you are sad, caring for someone and then losing her is tough! I am sure she was very fond of you too. You also shared the creativity. The card you made for her daughter is gorgeous, she will treasure it.

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh that would be hard! You are the perfect person to comfort the family with all the love and compassion you have to give. Such a thoughtful and beautiful card,Sue!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sure it is! A lovely card though!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Sue and will be such a comfort! I really love these cards!