Friday, June 24, 2016

Home Sweet Home!

I'm back home and can cross two things off my bucket list:
Seeing the Eiffel Tower and

Seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre!
 
We had a FABULOUS trip but I am glad to be home.  It was scary with the intensified security due to the Eurocup with gendarmes and guns everywhere.  The Eiffel Tower was a target so it was difficult to go near it much less eat in the restaurant but it was so worth the trip!  Now I can say I have been there!
 
I came home and along with the bazillion loads of laundry, it seems like everyone's birthday is in June.  Here are some of the cards I made with several more in the works:
For my friend who loves orange

She is truly one of a kind so it was fun putting those three sentiments together

For my nature loving friend

For my beach loving friend

I can't stop using this seahorse!
 
Thanks for commenting while I was away.  I will catch up with all of you as soon as I can!
 


14 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is such a pity that Paris is now covered with fear. I didn't make it there on my recent trip even though my girl has been begging me too, I've been there three times and that is enough, I didn't want to go unless things improve, I am glad you made it and definitely worth it.
Wonderful creation on top of your beautiful photos.

Stella said...

Sue it;s lovely you hear you had an amazing trip. And despite all the security and police enjoyed your stay in France. Your cards are fab; I LOVE that seahorse!

Goodluck with the loads of laundry. And tonight; on the couch and a good glass of wine :)
XX

Ros Crawford said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good time even though security was a bit scary ... Your cards are so lovely!! I really like that orange Sue!

Marjan said...

I can imagine that being in Paris is now not an experience free of worries, and not only paris for that matter. But you were there and enjoyed it I am happy to hear.
The cards you made are FAB, I especially love the vibrant orange one!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad you had a wonderful time on the trip ... I can imagine that the stress of the added security made it a little less fun :( I love love love your cards! They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I think it is so awesome that you and your hubby are able to take so many memorable trips!!
I love each and everyone of these cards! But my fave is that gorgeous blue seahorse!!!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful cards...and I'm so thankful you had such a wonderful trip Sue!

riliska said...

wow!! Great photo of Effel tower!! You are so lucky to be there!!

Maria said...

So happy to hear you had a wonderful trip to Paris! When we were there in 2004 they had police with guns patrolling. I can only imagine the security now. But, I'm glad you had a great time! And, your bday cards are so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Its terrible about the security :-( Your cards are wonderful!!!

Darnell said...

Your trip sounds magnificent, Sue, and I'm glad you're home safe! Your cards are each.and.every.one. gorgeous!! They will be treasured!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Thank you for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers Sue, that means so much :) All of your cards are fabulous! Each is so unique and one of a kind!

Monika/Buzsy said...

I am so glad you are back safe and sound. It is scary to travel these days and it seems like Paris is always a target. Glad you to see the Eiffel Tower. I saw it 22 (?) years ago when I wasn't scared to travel and sleep in youth hostels, etc... Lovely set of cards. Especially love the first one with the silhouette images and bright background. The ink blending looks awesome. Pretty butterfly on the second card.

Jill Norwood said...

Glad you got to go but I agree about the security and scariness! Beautiful cars my dear!