Friday, May 20, 2016

For the Loss of your Furry Friend ~ CCCB #312

I needed to make a card for a very sad occasion.  One of my BEST friends and across the street neighbor had to put their dog of 18 years to sleep.  Truly a sad part of that circle of life.
I wanted to make her a special card.
This sentiment is just so perfect and so true.

So I literally used the two sections of this die cut heart to represent the family's broken heart and put a paw print on it in brown ink with clear embossing powder

I made a shaker out of the open heart to represent the sparkle Maggie added to their lives.

I put a photo of my friend Katy cuddling Maggie on the inside

And a photo of her daughter Ashleigh and Maggie on the back.
 
I LOVE this Sympathy Loss of Pet stamp set from PTI.  It says exactly what I wanted to express to Katy and her family.
 
  I am posting my card at The City Crafter Challenge Blog where we are supposed to use the color pink.
Take it, it's yours
 


11 comments:

Marina said...

How sweet and how kind....i love how you put the paw print in the heart - perfect design for the occasion. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Marjan said...

A beautiful an very personal card for your friend! The paw print and the symbolic heart.. the photo's ... wonderful! She will love this, I'm sure.

Loretta said...

Lovely card Sue.. So thoughtful to add the photos.

Maria said...

What a lovely card, Sue! Wonderful paw print, shaker heart, and photos of your friends! Your card will surely be appreciated!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww so sorry for your friend! Losing a furbaby is the worst :( I loveeeeeeee the card you made for them -- loving that you personalized it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is the sweetest, most thoughtful card! You are such a good friend. I am sure they will be so touched by this beautiful gesture!

Lisa Elton said...

A perfect card for a sad occasion Sue. I'm sure this lifted their spirits a bit!

Ros Crawford said...

What a gorgeous card for your friend ... so very sorry for her loss ... It never seems to heal. We lost our kitty a few weeks ago and I'm still just waiting for her to come home... Have a great day Sue!

Ros Crawford said...

Whoops! forgot to say ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB this week!

Stella said...

I am way behind; my apologies!!! I LOVE this take on our theme and this very special and personalised card will definitely bring comfort. Sue you did a fantastic job and it will be a keepsake. Although I am late; I an so happy to see you at CCCB! It's a privilege to have you with us!
XXX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How sweet and pretty!