Friday, July 31, 2015

City Crafter #272 - A Masculine Birthday Card

I wish my Dad were still alive because he would have LOVED this card!
I made it with all Prima products:
The sentiment was printed on the ledger paper and I stamped 2 bees on the paper to match the bee on the watch face.

I figured out I could make the watch a shaker much to my delight!  The back pops off so I stamped the watch faced and glued it in the back.  I glued a piece of acetate in the front of the watch.  I filled the back with glass glitter, silver micro beads, green glitter, and sequins.  I wanted it about 1/3 full.  Then I popped the two parts together.
I hope you like my masculine birthday card!
Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

Marina said...

I've never seen a watch shaker before-it's amazing! I like that you speak about your dad and your card has the theme of remembering ...made me think about my late dad too...sad loss but happy memories. Thanks for sharing your lovely card and your thoughts.
Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!! I love that shaker watch! How clever!! I still have a lot of these papers around somewhere... So glad you could join us at CCCB this week my friend!

Marybeth said...

I'm sorry your dad is not here ,I think you are right he would have loved it ! I know I do! Wow what a wonderful idea to make the timepiece a shaker! Gorgeous card,Sue! Hugs and we miss you.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the watch and the flowers!!!!!

Samra said...

Simply stunning vintage card!!!
Thank you so very kindly for joining the challenge I am hosting this week at CCCB!!!

Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I'm sure your Dad is loving his card from above :) Love how you created the beautiful clock shaker and all the Prima blossoms look so very pretty!

Maria said...

I'm sure your Dad would have loved receiving this card, Sue! Such a stunning clock shaker! And, love the pretty Prima flowers! Hugs to you!:-)

Stella said...

Sue it's wonderful to see you at CCCB! And my oh my you nailed this theme. It's a gem! I LOVE that shaker watch! FABULOUS! Good to have you with us my friend! XX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How cool, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you made the pocket watch a shaker Sue! Great stamping on the patterned paper - a wonderful masculine design!

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful Sue, what a fabulous watch shaker! So inventive!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh WOW!!! You really created a little work of art here Sue. It looks like something my dad would love too. That pocket watch/ shaker is amazing! FABULOUS my friend!!

JoAnn said...

Wow, Love your card and the watch shaker. Very creative.

Unknown said...

Love it and turning the clock into a shaker is brilliant. :)