Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Birthday, Katy!

Today is my SWEET friend Katy's Birthday!  I won't say how old she is ~ just that she will always be a little less than one year older than me!  LOL!
 
Katy and I just shared the most AMAZING experience - we both had mommy morning doves build nests at our homes (Yes, right where we could watch them!) and lay two eggs each.  Mine hatched first and recently flew away and Katy's are still there and she is enjoying them.
 
Here's a photo of my birdies:
This is the Mom feeding her babies.  Sorry, this pic is the best I could do out my window with an IPhone!
 
And here is the card I made for Katy inspired by our bird experience:

Mixed media background with a doily, flowers, a wood bird, and that cute nest.

Here's a close up.
The most important thing is that Katy LOVED it!
 
Happy Birthday my SWEET friend!


16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING that nest and eggs!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Of course she loved it Sue, it's BEAUTIFUL!! A new fave from you. I love all of the pretty little details. How fun that you both had the birds nesting so close for you to enjoy!! TFS the photo :)

Anonymous said...

Such a stunning card, Sue - my word! I love the soft, gorgeous colors and all the wonderful texture. Beautiful! Thanks so much for your sweet comment over on my blog. ;-)

Pauline said...

Wonderful story Sue, and gorgeous card for your friend. Beautiful background, and I love the sweet nest and little eggs!

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness how fun is this! Wow your card is stunning! I am sure Katy will treasure this nesting card,simply stunning. Love the nest!

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! Your card is so lovely!! Fabulous BG and such a cute nest! And what a great photo! We had robins nesting earlier in the year ... so magical to watch them

Maria said...

Awww...thank you for sharing the beautiful story and sweet photo! Your card is gorgeous with all the fabulous detail! You friend, Katy, will treasure the card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!!!

Nancy said...

How fun to watch those little birds out your window. Boy they sure did inspire you to make a gorgeous card! Love the cool gradient colors underneath and that Doily is a great focal point! Great job my friend!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wowsa! so beautiful!!!!
How cool to be able to watch the birds!

Mona Pendleton said...

I love watching birds Sue especially incubate :) Your card is beautiful! Love the beautiful background and fancy embellishments! Surely your friend will treasure this!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. The bird nest is so cute. Love all the elements and pretty colors.

Pamellia said...

What a gorgeous card Sue, and you can see the inspiration from the birdie and the nest! How lucky to be able to catch a glimpse of Mother nature at it's finest! hugs :)

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! I love this! And such a beautiful card you made , she will love it!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

How wonderful that you both had baby birds to observe with their mommies! The card is so perfect! I have one of those little nests on my desk just so I can look at it each time I create! So sweet! :)

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my, your card is gorgeous Sue! And how sweet is that, baby doves and mommy love to watch from behind your own window! Wishing you a beautiful day