Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Color Throwdown 321 - Guest Designer!

I am so EXCITED to be guest designing for December at the Color Throwdown ~ one of my FAV blog challenges!  I hope you come play with us!  Broni is hosting this week.
 
Here is the inspiration photo:
Isn't it Beautiful?
Create a card with the colors gold, silver, dark brown, and white.
 
So I played with some of my new Prima Texture Paste in Gold Crackle and Platinum Crackle and here is what I came up with:
For the BG, I used both colors and a Prima honeycomb stencil.

I used the two colors randomly and even combined them in places.  They are so shiny and crackly and full of texture in person.  (But difficult to photograph!  The gold looks different in every photo depending on the angle and how the light reflected.  Sorry!)
 
Some stitching, some silver twine, a gold mat, and a tiny tag with "very merry" complete my card.
 
I hope you like it!
Now come play with us at this week's Color Throwdown 321!
And check out what the Design Team members have created for your inspiration:

24 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous...love all the texture and the detail in the Christmas tree is amazing Lisa.

Marjan said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Love the tree and the elegant background, very festive!

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL Sue!! Love your fancy tree with all of the pretty flowers and of course that big polka dotty background!! Congrats on guesting this month, can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee that tree!!!!

Marybeth said...

Congrats! You came up wit the most amazing card! Wow this is a SUE beauty! I love the tree with roses!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Congrats dear Sue!!! Your card is so pretty! Love it!

~Tammy~ said...

Sue, this is so gorgeous!!! That tree is so elegant! Big congrats on your GD job today!!! Yay you!

Anonymous said...

Love the texture paste and crackle BG, Congrats Miss Sue!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow!!! This is Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the textured paste and the dimensional tree! This is such a fabulous, artsy creation! So happy to have you joining us this month as a guest designer!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats!!! And what a stunning card this is! I love the different shades in those dots and the crackle texture!

Monika/Buzsy said...

First of all, congratulations girl for joining us for December. Second of all, that card is beautiful... lastly, I just love that textured tree with the flower garland... so creative!

Broni said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad you're with us this month! I can't tell you how much I love this card! The two colors of crackle paste are beautiful and that delicate tree is so gorgeous!! Love, love, love it!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the tree and the pretty background.

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats Sue! So well deserved! Love the beautiful Christmas tree! All the flowers look gorgeous and I love the fun background!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous my friend!! Love the stenciled background....love that paste!! The sweet tree is the perfect accent!!

Nancy said...

This is one of my favs from you Sue!!! Congrats on the GD position..they are lucky to have you! You did an incredible job!!! HUGS!

Loretta said...

Beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

Congrats on your GD posititon your card really stunning love that prima texture paste on your card looks soooo vintage and it can be join the challenge at mixed media challenge too your tree looks awesome...love your card...I Just joining again Color Throwdown...I hope you like to visiting my entry this time ...will be so happy if the DT member leaving me some love too...hugs, Monika

Unknown said...

I love your embossed tree Sue, it's beautiful! Such a pretty card.:)

Joan Ervin said...

I absolutely love the textured background you created, Sue, and what a gorgeous tree....such a beautiful design!!! So glad to be stamping with you this month at the CTD!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, what a golden beauty! Love the flowers on the tree, and the texture. :)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

it looks like icing from a cake! WOW
fantastic
bibiana

Juls said...

Wow!! Love how you have done this tree, it looks amazing :-) xx