Thursday, November 13, 2014

Quick Post and a Birthday Card

Just wanted to write a quick post to let you know I am leaving for 10 days on an Anniversary trip with my DH.
Attention Robbers ~ I have an ex-policeman staying at my home!
 
Anyway, the internet will be sporadic so I probably will be internet silent for most of the trip.  I will catch up with everyone when I get back.
 
I am leaving you with a butterfly birthday card I made for a dear friend.  Lots of paints and stencils for the background. 
I call this card "Fly Away" much like I will be doing tomorrow!
 
I thought the text dies would look great against the bold paint colors!  I also rolled the rose (something I haven't done in a while!)
 

The gems are HUGE so this is definitely a card I hand delivered.
My friend put it on her special wall where she keeps her favorite things.  This made me feel good!
 
I'll MISS you guys ~ but not as much as I will enjoy this trip!


19 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Anniversary Sue! Your card is beautiful! Love the colorful background and fancy blossom! The butterfly border is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration and enabling! Have a fun and safe trip!

~Tammy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Love your design!

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous birthday card ... The colours are definitely happy! Enjoy your trip and a very happy anniversary to you both!! xxx

Lynn said...

Fabulous birthday card. Love the greens and blues. Fly away and have an amazing anniversary celebration!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy anniversary!! LOVING your card!! Gorgeous butterflies!!!!!!

Micki said...

Happy happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip. Love the card, love the bright color and the text die cuts. Your flower looks awesome, I haven't rolled or made a flower in ages either. Safe trip, xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Sue! Have a wonderful trip. :) I love your card and the background is fabulous. Safe travels! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I am sure your friend loves it, putting on her special wall.
Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful trip.

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! Love the bright background, butterflies, and rolled rose! You enjoy your trip! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!!!!! LOVE the bright colors and the butterfly border!

Stella said...

I love this card; fab design and colors. I would frame this gem:) Have fun on your trip and enjoy being able to spend lots of time together!!
XXX

Lisa Elton said...

Vibrant and beautiful love the rolled rose!! The happiest of anniversary wished to you both, have a WONDERFUL vacation!!

Nancy said...

Girl....you are leaving again...ENJOY and Happy Anniversary! Your card is super cool...love the way the butterflies are attached to the strip! Great rose too...haven't tried that yet! Thanks for inspiring me!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lots of fun mixed patterns, great card!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Sue! I love the blended colours in the background and the butterfly border is stunning with the newsprint! Enjoy your trip! hugs :)

Marybeth said...

You always crack me up with telling the robbers someone will be at your house... that is so me. I am sure you are back by now.
I love this gorgeous butterfly card , hope you enjoy your anniversary!

Juls said...

WOW!!!! love those bright colours :-)

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful Sue! Hope you're enjoying your break away, and Happy Anniversary!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another bright and cheerful card. Love the sweet butterflies and that distressed doily. Hope you had a blast on your trip!