Monday, November 3, 2014

27 minutes left to post my second card for The Color Throwdown #316

I made another card with these FAB colors for the Color Throwdown but time is running out so I'll post this quickly:
 
I stamped this with Prima stamps on watercolor paper.  It is a Thank you card for the managers at the Hobby Lobby stores who allowed me to set up Make-N-Takes last Saturday.  I wanted to send them a little note so they will allow me to come back!  Plus I wanted Prima on their minds!
This focal point looks like a mini painting!
 
Here's the card:
CAS and flat for mailing!  I use HL kraft cards and envelopes, stamped a Prima lace border and then popped the little birdie after I distress the edges.
Two cards are in the mail now for my two HL stores!
I hope they like them and I hope YOU do, too!
 
BTW, this is the M-N-T I demoed at the two HL stores.  It was CUTE!
 


19 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

VERY pretty Sue, I'm sure the HL managers will appreciate it!! Hope the make and takes went well, I KNOW how excited you are about this!!

Vickie Z said...

Look at you doing make-n-takes at HL!!! It is a mini watercolor painting!! Lovely girl!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sue!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, this is so sweet Sue. Love the darling little bird on the branch... that sun looks awesome... Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the bird and how you did the sun!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

lovely work!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love all the texture and fun little bird! Your M-N-T looks darling ;)

Juls said...

Fab card .. Love the royal bird. & your M-N-T is just gorgeous :-) xx

Ros Crawford said...

Such a pretty card! Love the little scene and you MNT is lovely!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card.. I just love the watercolor feel it has to it.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card.. I just love the watercolor feel it has to it.

Hugs~

Marjan said...

Love both your card ( it seems to give light!) and your MNT!

Maria said...

It looks like a mini painting for sure, Sue! The bird, sun, and background is so pretty! And, your M-N-T is CUTE! I'm sure HL will appreciate the thoughtful card!

Marybeth said...

Very thoughtful and pretty card for the managers .I'm sure they will appreciate it Sue. I always love what you do with the paste.

Stella said...

Your card is FAB! (as always!)What I love the contrast of modern and classic. The stenciled background vs the bird with a crown. Although these are tow different styles they are a perfect match on this card. And you got me with that blue bird :)
Your make and take; oh wish I could have been there. I love what you made. And I know for sure you are a great teacher!
XXX

Unknown said...

Love how you drew out the colors from the inspiration photo. This card is wonderful Sue! Have a fun weekend. xx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, you are SO sweet, I would have love to have been there to create a Make-N-Takes with you. Believe me it is a work of art,, the colors, the texture, fabulous background for the royal Bird, thanks for sharing it with us...

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Ooh this has a real oriental feel to it, The colours really pop.
Katie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sue! Love the texture and the bird....sooooo cute!!