Monday, September 29, 2014

Color Throwdown #311 - It's the Big Day!

I LOVE these colors at Color Throwdown #311 so I decided to play along!
 
I must admit, mine turned out a little brighter than the photo but I'm not a pastel girl ~ I am a Bold and Bright girl!  I hope the DT at Color Throwdown will forgive me!
 
I made a card for my Dear Niece Aimee:
She's in her 20's so I think she will like this!

The banner was made by swiping paint with a baby wipe on gessoed canvas material and then stamping with Dyan Reaveley stamps.  I recently took two classes with her and she doesn't use any paintbrushes!  She either paints with baby wipes or her fingers!  It was very liberating!

The flowers are from another Dyan Reaveley stamp set.  The background was made by fingerpainting Dina Wakely paints and then adding circles and stencils.  The tiny dots are made from using Dina Wakley's canvas stencil.  LOVE and use all of the time!
 
I hope you like my card!
 
I also made another card for my big brother's 59th birthday.  It's CAS so I can mail it but I thought I'd share it with you, too!

Correction - I was wrong
you're not old, you're vintage!
 
On THAT note, I'll end this post!


21 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh your niece and brother will love their cards. Love how bright and cheery your niece's card is Sue.

Marjan said...

Love your cards! The black and white of the banner and flowers, the background on canvas and the colorscheme of the first are a great combination. The card for your brother is a wonderful assemblage, very masculine and that text.. haha!

Dianne said...

Wow the colors are so vibrant and beautiful, painting with baby wipes, that's different, love the effect, and the circles too, she will love it, love your brothers card too, love the sentiment, thanks for sharing have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS ))).

Lisa Elton said...

You rocked your new class techniques Sue, this is vibrant and FUN FUN FUN!! Your niece will LOVE it!! I have to remember this sentiment for my big brother's bday, great card!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the banner and the flowers!!!!

Marybeth said...

Love your banner card and the bit brighter colors! Love the baby wipe swiping...I will have to try that!
Love your brothers birthday card...and that sentiment ...perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

I love those colours!! And I love both cards! Sending big hugs your way!

Loretta said...

This card is fabulous. Your background is superb.

Stella said...

Both your cards are fab but I am in awe of that bright and bold card. Your take on the challenge is FAB! And you can never go wrong with a modern banner like this. I am a fan:)
XX

Anonymous said...

LOVE the 1st one, I LOVE the bright too! And your brother will love his card, awesome job :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Both are so awesome Sue! Love the little banner with the fun background! Surely your brother will love his card! That vintage typewriter is beautiful! Happy Birthday to him :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful cards Sue, especially the one for your brother, so fun!

Maria said...

Wonderful cards, Sue! Love the first card with greens and blues, banner and flowers! And, the second card made me smile for your brother!:-) Love all the vintage...he'll love it! A big happy birthday to him!

Vickie Z said...

Love the CTD card....bold and bright is perfect in my book...although I do some softer colors at times...love the mixed media...my heart says work on it but, so little time! Ha...your brothers card...perfect!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic cards Sue. Love the way you used the CTD colors... that background is amazing... also love the banner! The typewriter is perfect for a masculine card.

Unknown said...

Both cards are wonderful Sue! Love the bold colors on the first one and great tips on painting. :) The sentiment on your brother's card is awesome, love it. xx

~Tammy~ said...

You nailed the colors! Another ah-mazing card! Your niece will def. love it.

The card for your brother is awesome! He will love it too!

Nancy said...

Love how bright and cheery your niece's card is Sue! Your cards are a reflection of your personality ...I think. Great joe and love the sentiment on your Brother's card too. Take care ....give me a buzz when you have time a fill me in on life!

Pauline said...

Two gorgeous cards Sue, I love the paint technique in the first card, and those wonderful vibrant colours!

Micki said...

I love it. LOVE the bright, vibrant colors and love how it turned out!!!! And absolutely LOVE your second card. hugs!

Deborah Frings said...

It's been ages since I came by - sorry! I've missed so many gorgeous creations. I LOVE the card for you niece (my favourite colours). And the one for your brother is just fab!