Friday, August 15, 2014

Playing at CCCB and Fusion!

I'm playing with three challenges:

A new to me challenge at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge to use stencils and pastes,

At City Crafter Challenge Blog #224 it's all about roses
and at
 
 
Here's my card:
On Ranger watercolor cardstock, I applied molding paste and Dina Wakely paints with two of my very FAV stencils designed by my

Here is a close up of the rose.  LOVE this stencil!  I also outlined the leaves with a Stabilo pencil.  LOVE the added definition.

And I HAD to take a close up pic of the seam binding I dyed with Dylusions Ink Sprays and the abstract petals I swiped with Silks paints.
 
I hope you like my card!  I had so much FUN being inspired by both of these challenges!


27 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahhh this is so perfect for the fusion challenge. Love the touch of texture and the vibrant colors.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! I just loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely card!! So vibrant and pretty with that texture! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
Glad your package arrived too!

Maria said...

Wow! Amazing card in stunning texture and color, Sue! Love the rose, ribbon, and wonderful background, so pretty!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sue! Thanks for the big shout out ;) Love the burst of vibrant colors! Your stenciled background looks fantastic!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card and I love the seam binding too! ~Diane

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Woooo Awwwwww, so pretty!!! I love that stencil, and havnet seen it...i'll have to go on a hunt! Have a great weekend sweetie!

Michelle said...

Wow, Sue! What a bright and luscious card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion (we're chasing up that Linky now).

Lisa Elton said...

Like it...well my friend I happen to love it!! Your seam binding turned out perfect. It goes with your background like they were both manufactured in a collection of coordinating elements! And the definition you added to the leaves gives just the right amount of pop!

Nancy said...

Love that you dyed the ribbon to match the card! This is such a happy and a very beautiful card! Sorry I am so quiet as of late! I am back to work and getting the school ready for the kids, and we have two new administration and lots of changes so it's been utter pure exhaustion. Things will settle down soon I hope! HUGS!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... love those vibrant hues (they coordinate with your lovely blog) ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge (the linky has been restored if you'd like to stop back by and link-up).

Marybeth said...

Wow,wow,wow! This is another gorgeous card! I am happy to see ribbon is having a bit of a come back,love that yellow ribbon , pretty pink flower and all the lovely layers.

Jill Norwood said...

What a gorgeously bright card! You have captured a summer day in card form! Stunning!!!

Pamellia said...

Wow, this is fantastic! Love the colours, they are so summery! Your background is stunning and your rose is just gorgeous! Love it! :)

Julia Aston said...

what a bright and beautiful card Sue! LOVE that stenciled rose!!

~Tammy~ said...

You are the queen of bright beautiful creations and here is another one!

Donna B. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love everything about it, the background texture, the pretty dyed ribbon and those awesome MP stencils (I love her stencils) So glad you found us and played along this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Stella said...

This is ART in a wonderful way. I love love love it. The rose is a stunning focal point and the bright colors are gorgeous. Fab design!
XX

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is perfect for these challenges! Sooooo pretty! And that bow is fabulous!

Juls said...

Gorgeous :-) xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely bright colors, wonderful mixed media Card!! WOW! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!! So glad that you were inspired!!!

Lynn K said...

Gorgeous mixed media card! Love the bright colors and the textures on the background. The ribbon is so pretty! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

A great mix of pretty tones, gorgeous texture and that's one stunning bow.
Katie x

Rachel said...

this is so beautiful! i love the texture paste on that flower stencil, it's so pretty! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Kelly Griglione said...

Great work with stencils to achieve this look! A beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Melanie said...

Really nice card. Thanks for joining the August Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!