Monday, August 11, 2014

eclectic Paperie Embossing Challenge Card ~ hello friend

I'm posting over at the Eclectic Paperie today where this month's challenge is embossing.  Check out the eP blog ~ you can win a prize!
 
I made a card for a friend:
I started out thinking my card was going to be green and pink but this is where I ended up!  Do you ever do that?

 In this close up, you can see my embossed leaves (which started as clear) in the BG along with the leaves I cut out and used for the Prima seaweed collection bloom.  The image is from Prima's Cartographer collection and the sentiment is a Tim Holtz remnant rub.  LOVE how it fits on the wood frame from ADORNit.  The gold dots were made using the Prima floral rose stencil and WV gold embossing paste.  I could use them on EVERYTHING I make and I KNOW you've seen them before!
 
So since I had green and pink on my mind, I ripped the beige Prima flower off of the card and used this big Beautiful Prima bloom!
I'm thinking I like this one better with the green shading on the flower to match the BG.

YUMMY flower!
 
I hope you like my cards!  Which one do YOU like better?
 
To see my step by step process, head on over to the eP blog where I have lots of photos!
 
Hope you like my cards!


22 comments:

Stella said...

Both cards are gorgeous but the second one is definitely my fave. I love the contrast of green and that beautiful pink flower. That is what I call a REAL Sue card:). Love it!
XX

Dianne said...

Well things usually change when I start creating and you just have to go with the flow, I LOVE your green cards,how kool your wrote on that frame, well I think both cards are just gorgeous, as all your creations are, thanks for sharing hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! I am loving all the green!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful Sue! Both flowers work beautifully! On the white, I love that brad center.

Marybeth said...

Love both cards and gorgeous bloom! Such soft petals ! I think I am leaning towards the creamy white flower. Hope you enjoy your week,Sue!

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful, love both of these cards and the flowers are so beautiful too! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Love the green!! SO bright and rockin!! Great background and love the leaves!

Maria said...

Oh, how I love that pretty green, Sue, with fabulous background! And, I am stumped because I truly love both cards with the gorgeous flowers...so pretty!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh double prettiness from your today!! Your background is so fresh and pretty. Love the wooden element too. They're both so special, but there's something about that creamy white flower that seems peaceful. Off to check out the how to...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, so refresthing!

Ros Crawford said...

Well I couldn't pick between them ... they are both stunners!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Sue! Love the pretty background and beautiful blossoms!

Teresa M. Arsenault said...

Both are beautiful. The pink rose is more striking at a glance, but the image in the center of the daisy is compelling and so artsy. Love them both.

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Hugs,
Teresa

Shirley said...

Both cards are lovely and truth be told, it's that great BG you created!! Love how you did it!

Micki said...

Hi Sue!!!! I just love love love the greens and love both of your cards. I really like that second one with the beautiful flower but I keep going back to the first one. I love that wood accent, lo. Beautiful GF!!!!!! xoxoxo

Ella Swan said...

I do indeed! Very beautifully done!!

Unknown said...

I actually like both of them. :) The green really pops and looks amazing Sue. xx

Nancy said...

Love the vibrant green! You really love those neon colors lately...they are such happy colors! Well done as always....... you talented and beautiful self!

Pamellia said...

Thank you so much for visiting by blog and leaving your wonderful comment! And thank you for being my 50th follower! I have been sifting through your blog and I am so impressed with your work! You are so creative and your background textures and colour mixtures are beyond stunning! See you around the next crafty corner! :)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I just love this gorgeous green! I just love both cards!

Juls said...

Gorgeous, living the lime green :-) xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Sure do! I adore the second card. The rose is so pretty. I think its the dimension I love. That green is lush!
Katie x