Summertime means more traveling that usual at the Lelli house!
I won't bore you with all the million travel pics we took but I will share two:
One of the beaches my dh and I traveled to:
where I sat under this umbrella reading books and drinking rum punch all day!
and this pic of our dessert one night where I swore the chocolate embellie looked exactly like a stencil! LOL! It was a YUMMY stencil, TFS!
Here is a card I'm entering at The Mixed Media Card Challenge where you are supposed to
incorporate a touch of nature in your project,
and the color challenge at colourQ where you use black and white and any of the following colors:

I made a birthday card for my niece who is turning 30!
I just used what was on my desk that I hadn't put away from other projects and it all just came together! Lots of stencils, TH Distress Paints, TH Distress inks, TH Resist paper and a felt leaf that I die cut ages ago! The felt adds texture without making it too bulky to mail.
Did I tell you I am IN LOVE with these Dina Wakely Scribbly Bird stamps!
Well that's it for me!
Hope you like it!
Have a GREAT rest of your week!









26 comments:
thanks for joining in with us at MMCC blog with this lovely card!! and btw..that dessert looks really YUMMY!!! :)
That chocolate looks too pretty to eat...well maybe not LOL!! Pretty beach photo too, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it *wink*!!! TERRIFIC card with that stinkin cute bird again. And I never grow tired of those PTI leaves! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!
That chololate Does look like a stencil lol! That beach is so pretty! I'm leaving for the beach on Sat and can't wait...its been 113 here this week :-(
LOVE your card! that bird is so awesome and my favorite....you rocked the challenge!
Okay...that beach doesn't even look real. I'm jealous :) Love your mixed media card. I'm sure your niece will too.
Looks like you had lots of fun! Hope you relaxed and enjoyed it all. Beautiful card for your niece and that dessert is making my mouth water! ~Diane
That dessert does look like a stencil!! I love love love your card! LOVING that bird and the colors!!
Looks like a great beach Sue and scrumptious desert! Your card is darling! Love the sweet bird and colorful background! The felt foliage adds a nice touch!
I wanna go to that beach:) Your card looks lovely; I can see why you love that bird so much; it really is gorgeous. Your niece will love this card. The backgroudn is fab with the hexagons and circles. And you can never go wrong with blue:)
Good to be here; it has been too long...
XX
Oh I love that bird set by Dina! Your birthday card is as yummy as that dessert!!! Hmmmm...chocolate with my stencils? Tim would say it is a great summertime project idea!!! :)
Wow, that beach!! So beautiful! haha, we scrapping ladies see scrapgoodies everywhere ;)
Adore your mixed media card, your friend is lucky to receive this!
This is soooooo stinkin' cute!!!!
Welcome home! Looks like Cayman Island to me. I would say the same thing about the chocolate ...hey it's what see.
I love that little chick! And this beautiful stenciled car d with felt.
Hope you had a fab trip, sure looks like you did. :) I love those stamps and I've put off ordering them too long. Your card is terrific Sue! xx
Lovely vacation pic, Sue! We just returned from California. Your card is lovely with the sweet bird and fab texture! Your niece will love this card!
Ah you're my type of girl ... Beach and chocolate ... what could be better ...I laughed about the stencil ... that's what we creative people do ... always look at something in another way ... Great card Sue ... I can see that little birdie is going to be a favourite!
Looks like you had an amazing time on holiday Sue, rum punch, chocolate desserts and endless blue skies and golden sands, how wonderful! Love your mixed media card too, great textures and I love the sweet bird image.
Hi Sue. Very cool card for your niece! Am loving those bird images too! Thanks for playing along with us again at Mixed Media Card Challenge!
What a great card using that cute bird and sentiment Sue -and all the colors and stencils! and your trip pics look marvelous!! love how you caught just a bit of the orange umbrella in the beach photo!
Love the pics..looks like paradise! Love your card too! If I used stuff from my desk...I don't think it would come together that well. Take care!
That is picture perfect! My kind of place. I would never want to leave.
Except during hurricane season! Ha!
Love your take on the colors!!!
No, don't think you mentioned anything about those birds?!?!?
WOW, I LOVE LOVE this card. All the elements you use and those awesome bold colors. Lucky birthday girl :)
Tam
Card Making Artists
http://cardmakingartists.com
Oh that bird stamp is so adorable and d bg u've made is perfect for this cutie. Thank you so much for joining us at mixed media card challenge blog.
Hello Miss Sue, it looks gorgeous under your umbrella and that desert is a work of art and yummy I bet.I;m in love with those sweet birds too, but that background you created is FABULOUSSSSS. I always use watered gesso over the book pages, but I really love it just plain, I'll have to try that, thanks for sharing Sweet Woman..
I really like your sense of space when you use the mixed media images. This is an excellent example. Wonderful card and the bird is perfect for that limb too!
Super fun card! Love the bird and all the textures! Thanks for playing along with The Mixed Media Card Challenge!
Super fun card! Love the bird and all the textures! Thanks for playing along with The Mixed Media Card Challenge!
Post a Comment