City Crafter Challenge #219 asks you to create using purple and yellow.
These colors were a dilema for me because if you mix the colors together, purple and yellow make mud. I wanted to create a mixed media birthday card for my Uncle so I had to be extremely careful to let each layer dry and try not to mix them.
Here's my card:
My Uncle Loves trucks so this is perfect for him!
My goal was to make it flat to mail to California so all I added was some gears (which will increase the weight but won't turn it into a "package" like flowers do).
There are 6 layers of Mixed Media goodness on this card!
I also want to point out that originally I stamped the truck right on the card but the image just didn't stand out so I stamped the truck on another piece of kraft paper and fussy cut it out. Then I used pop dots to add a little dimension to the truck which is my focal point.
I hope you like this truly masculine card!







15 comments:
Great piece of art !! Love the masking effects !
Well you succeeded in making this another perfect work of art ... Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
I think you accomplished your goal!!! Turned out fantastic and used the colors and made it masculine too! Love the gears and the car.
Gorgeous! LOVING the truck and the circles!!!
No mud here! What a great masculine card.....and from purple and yellow! Love those gears, Sue!
Love this, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Only you can take purple and make it into an amazing masculine piece of art!!! He is going to LOVE this Sue!!
I know your uncle is going to love this card! The background is wonderful--love that you used gears for the embellishment!
Fantastic masculine card Sue! Love the stenciled background! The vintage truck looks perfect with the gears!
Fabulous vintage style card for your Uncle Sue, I love the colours together, and the great textures!
What an awesome piece of artwork! I LOVE it Sue!!Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)
Your brainstorming about how to really worked well... wow, Sue! Great masculine card, love the design too!
Very cool card sure he will love it! ~Diane
Its wonderfull!
Your uncle will love his card. It's a wonderful masculine card! xx
Post a Comment