Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy July 4th ~ Playing at City Crafter Challenge Blog #217

Happy July 4th Everyone (well, this weekend anyway)!  Hope you all have some FAB plans to celebrate the holiday!
 
I made a card for the City Crafter Challenge where the theme is red white and blue.
 
I am also linking this to The Precious Remembrance Shop.
 
Here's my card:
I used the CUTE little mason jar from Precious Remembrance Oh So Fun set and some red, blue, and silver metal from Add a Little Dazzle to make this card.
 
I wrapped strips of red metal around a pencil to make the curly q's and the jar was stamped on vellum and cut out.  It adds a little extra layer to the card.
This is definity a hand delivered card. You wouldn't want to squish the fireworks!
 
Hope you like it!
 Happy Birthday America!


23 comments:

Pauline said...

Love your cute little celebration jar Sue, hope you have a fab Independance day! Xx

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Desire Fourie said...

This is so creative. Love the bottled up stars.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lynn said...

Oh those squiggles are so fun Sue. Great card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun!! I love love love the mason jar!!!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

I am all over this! I love anything patriotic or with mason jars! Check and check!!!! Love it! You have my address right :-)

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly festive Sue! Those twirly whirlies are so fun and they look perfect in the mason jar. Happy happy ;)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a great 4th of July card!!! Love the "fireworks"!!!

Dianne said...

Brilliant creation on this card, I looooove the curly ques, every time I have to trim a piece of colored paper, I make curly ques out of them, see how fabulous they look on your card, thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow that is so cool, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Nancy said...

Super cute card...and I may have to CASE this card as I have some of that red metal stuff! Well done Sue!

Maria said...

So creative, colorful, and fun...love it!!! Hope you have a great 4th!:-)

Juls said...

Flabby!! Hugs Juls

Geri said...

So fun and so very festive, Sue! I love it...especially all your sparkle and shine for a patriotic card!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Marjan said...

It lookes like a real jar. Such a festive card with the stars and shine, Sue! You can do many styles, love that too!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya sweetie! I'm back from my daughters house and hopping around to see what I've missed! LOVE your card, its festive and so fun!!! I made the MM challenge blog, THANK YOU friend!!

Unknown said...

How cute!!! I love the sparklers and the design of your fab patriotic card. Have fun celebrating (I know you will) Sue. xx

1CardCreator said...

Fun card, love the firecrackers too! Enjoy the long weekend, Happy 4th! ~Diane

Julia Aston said...

What a fun festive card Sue!! LOVE how you used the metal for the curly straws in the jar!! Have a safe and happy 4th! we're having hurricane Arthur blow through with rain and winds here! hopefully Sat and Sun are supposed to be sunny and clear!

Shirley said...

How creative, fun, and pretty too! Happy 4th to you and yours, Sue!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I can almost hear party horns going off when I spotted the curlicue ribbons coming out of the jar!