I could NOT sleep last night so I got up and made a card! Typical!
I am linking it to the new eclectic Paperie Challenge for June to use fabric and to the CC3C #3 Challenge (for my second entry) using Faux Tea Roses.
I am linking it to the new eclectic Paperie Challenge for June to use fabric and to the CC3C #3 Challenge (for my second entry) using Faux Tea Roses.
Here you go:
I made a Faux tea rose using my sons old jeans! I also used an inside seam to make a border!
I ended up making three roses (experimenting with the denim) and found the one I liked best (which was also the easiest to work with) is the one I backed with TH Kraft core paper - core'dinations (the one on the left).
Here is my card!
The Fleur de Froment is from the Tim Holtz Ephemera Pack which I back with the same kraft-core paper . I distressed all the edges with tea dye distress ink. Do you see the blue paper peeking out? It's a left over piece I made with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and the marbeling technique. All of these layers are back by an idea-ology kraft resist page. The jute string that matches so perfectly is Tim Holtz idea-ology jute string.
Here is the sentiment. I made this for my son's Birthday on June 18th. He will be mad I cut up his torn jeans! He wanted me to fix them but they were beyond repair!
I hope you like my card!
I also hope you come play with us at eclectic Paperie and create with fabric!








29 comments:
LOVE the denim roses Sue and that one with the orange woven in is SO PRETTY!! If your son hangs on to this card he'll have those torn jeans forever ;)
Gorgeous card Sue ! Love the roses ! Sue C x
This is beautiful, love the your denim bloom!
OH, I love those roses! The jeans material look awesome. I adore those little tags.
Fabulous card! I love those flowers xx
Gorgeous fabric roses...totally love these! Fab card! Thanks so much for joining us in our rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!
So gorgeous! LOVING those flowers!!
Beautiful Sue, a great use of those old jeans! Denim makes a very pretty tea rose, and I love the vintage vibe!
Well hopefully he won't be too mad when he sees his fabulous card Sue. Love the way the roses turned out!!! xx
Your flowers look gorgeous Sue! The jeans material worked perfectly and what a wonderfully designed card! Hope your son isn't TOO mad!!! LOL!!
I love every single detail of this card Sue!!!!
Blue, denim. flowers and a touch of shabby. I am in awe...love how this turned out. It's wonderful to see how great you are with mixed media and different textures, patterns and fabric. Fab job Sue!
XX
Oh, you clever girl! Making the roses from jeans. I love it!! This is a wonderful card. Thanks for playing along in the CC3 Challenge.
What a fun idea ... never would have thought of denium roses !
The card is totally awesome... that orange pops ... I love it !
Great card! Love the flowers you made and the effect of them on your card. Also that embellie with the silver pearls and small tags. Your son will love it and gets a little bit of his jeans back :) Have e great weekend, Sue!
Happy Birthday to your wonderful son! Love the jean roses and border! What a fantastic card! Thinking of you as Father's Day approaches!!! Blessings and Hugs!! :) Jill
Well aren't you the clever one!! this is terrific ... I'm laughing at the thought of your son getting his jeans back recycled! I didn't sleep either ... courtesy of one very annoying, spoilt cat ... beginning to wish she'd stayed away!
Where do you come up with these awesome ideas! I agree love the bloom with the extra paper! Great job my friend!!
Fantastic card Sue! LOVE the denim blossoms! The little tags add such a nice touch along with the fancy beaded embellishment! Hope you have a great weekend!
Love those denim blooms!!! What a great touch with the inside seam, sweet tags, and embellishment! And, a big happy bday to your son!
Oh,your in trouble,cut up his jeans! Love the jean roses what a neat idea! I keep an old cut up pair in my craft room for dies ,sometimes it's works. Love the earth ton colors . Hope you son has a Happy Birthday!
Look how smart you are! Making flowers out of jeans!!! Great idea! Great card!
I just LIKE those denim roses! Very cool, I especially like how you used the seam as a border. Nice!!
The jeans live on! So sweet! I love love this! You make those roses look perfect every single time! I know he will treasure this. What a very special card!
Hello Miss Sue, wow this is fantastic, I haven't seen flowers made of blue jean anywhere, they look gorgeous, and I love the seam you used, i also love the book paper and the blue behind, a perfect mans card, I'm sure your son will forgive you when he sees it, thanks for sharing...
LOVE your denim roses, Sue! Super shabby and vintage chic design. :)
Wow what a beautiful & inventive card! I will certainly try to play along at EP this time!!
Love how those roses turned out and the way you used that seam as a border is awesome!!!!!! The card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! xoxo
Beautiful roses and what a memorable card for your son. {{hugs}}
Post a Comment