Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - Two cards

Edited to add second card for the Fusion Challenge at the end of this post!

I wanted to make a Birthday card for my Sweet Blog Friend Pauline Pollington of Craft Obsession.  Pauline and I spent a day together when her family came to Orlando and we had so much FUN, that she will always hold a special place in my heart!
Happy Birthday, Pauline on June 14th!
 
I used the Fusion Challenge both for the YUMMY colors and home made flowers and I used the FAB sketch for my design.
Here's the inspiration Photo:
 
And here is MY card:
I wanted to make a flat card to mail to the UK so I pulled out my watercolor paper, some Tombow markers, and my first ever flower stamp purchase - a FAV always!

And I'm back to using my FAV tiny tags again, a love that Pauline and I share!

 I hand cut out the flowers, added paint drops, and also added Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal in peony to give my fuschia flower some texture without adding bulk.
 
Process photos:
Apply the colors you want to use.

 Get your paintbrush really wet and brush it across each color being careful not to blend them all together.

Then I stamped away and cut them out, leaving a strip to use as a border on my card.
 
I Hope Pauline feels the LOVE!
It's on it's way to the UK tomorrow!
 
Now for the second card ~ I made it using left over flowers from Pauline's card.  They were sitting on my desk so I started playing!
Here it is:
The BG was made with Tim Holtz Distress paints and the marbeling technique.  I then added a pattern in magenta archival ink with a punchinella stamp.

Here is a close-up so you can see the Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals around the flower centers in Peony.
I have so many birthday cards to make so it was great to crank another one out!


28 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh she'll love it all right!! You did a beautiful job on this Sue. I love that flower and of course those sweet polka dots!

Michelle said...

I love those flowers. So pretty! She's going to love receiving that card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!! I love love love love love the colors!!!!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous flowers! Just love this card and I am sure Pauline will too!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

So very lush!! Very lovely and gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!

Pauline said...

Sue, these are both so bright and gorgeous!! I love the colours, and what a fab technique! I can't wait to get mine in the mail, thank you so much! Xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, beautiful flower!

Ros Crawford said...

That's clever!! I really love the effect and both of your pretty cards ... Do I see pink?

Lynn said...

Two absolutely amazing cards Sue. I love how you used the inspiration photo. I'm sure Pauline will love her card and how awesome that you created a second from the left overs. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Marjan said...

I LIKE this technique, it's very effective! Wonderful flowers and two great cards!

~Tammy~ said...

Of course she is going to feel the love and it's gorgeous! You worked and rocked that fusion challenge to I might add! I hope you have an AWESOME week!

Dianne said...

Who wouldn't love this with all those fantastic colors, lovely fussy cutting, love the water drops, love the book page and the marbling, I too love tiny tags, thanks for sharing and the inspiration, I must try this with my gelatos, hope you have a wonderful week, your a Doll to leave such lovely comments my friend, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Diane Jaquay said...

These are super fun and colorful, Sue!! Love the addition of the paper strips on the first card!!

Stella said...

Beautiful brights and a wonderful technique. Your cards are jaw dropping gorgeous! Pauline will love that card!
XX

Desire Fourie said...

OH wow these are awesome designs, so vibrant in colour. Thanks for sharing the how too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Anonymous said...

She will love it!! You rocked the challege my friend! Both cards are spectular!!!

Marybeth said...

Love the process you used to make the flowers. I am happy I can give it a try, because I have those markers. Gorgeous blooms and I am sure Pauline will love this.

Heather Rogers said...

They are both stunning, but being the 80's child that I am, I am in LOVE with the super bright neon card on top. Super fun! Love the mixed media feel that the second card has too. :)

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful cards Sue! LOVE the first one especially!! I feel SO BAD that I never linked up to EP as you said I should :/ Please forgive me - I had so much on at the time & just never got around to it!!

Nancy said...

Love seeing your step by steps Sue! Just love this card and I am sure Pauline will too!! Take care!

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful bright cards Sue! I'm sure Pauline will be thrilled to get hers in the London mail!

Michelle said...

Wow, Sue! These are gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous cards, the way u created a gradient of colors on the flowers is lovely, I like that tiny little tag too :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

Unknown said...

These are summery happy colors Sue and each one is simply fantastic. I love the process you shared and your first flower stamp purchase was a terrific one. They are so pretty!!! Pauline will love her card and it's always great to have spare birthday cards on hand. xx

Maria said...

Oh, so very beautiful in stunning color, Sue! Those flowers are so gorgeous!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, those flowers are beautiful Sue. Love the was you blended the colors and added paint drops on top.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Sue! Lovin' all the blossoms! Your backgrounds look outstanding! So fun and artistic!