Welcome to our joint blog hop with Add a Little Dazzle. We are so excited to partner with them
and have had so much fun playing with their products. They have a beautiful
collection of metal sheets, in a variety of colors, that are perfect for mixed
media projects.
Join in on the fun and make sure to enter for a chance to win an amazing prize.
Here's what I made:
A Birthday photo frame for a very good friend!
Because I used the words to a song for my sentiment,
I added music notes to the bottom of the frame! I didn't have black metal so I cut a different color out and painted it black with TH Distress Paint.
Then I used my new TH Birthday Blueprints dies to make this FAB cupcake! LOVE how each piece is separate so you can use different colors of metal! I also embossed the frosting and liner to give it more pizazz! I added TH Rock Candy glitter to the flame to make it glow!
I punched out birthday stars out of scrap metal pieces and added them to the frame.
This is the only photo I had of my Birthday Friend, Katy, pictured on the left with our other friend, Pam. I just wanted you to see what it looks like with a photo in it. I'm happy to say she LOVED it!
Here are some quick process photos:
I covered the frame with TH tissue wrap.

I painted over it with Paper Artsy paints which are translucent. LOVE!
To make the cupcake, I diecut the full cupcake in chipbard to have a base to glue my metal pieces from Add a Little Dazzle. I used markers on the outline because it's a tiny bit bigger than the individual pieces and I wanted it all to blend.
There you have it! I hope you like it!
Prize Alert!
Make sure to stop by and visit each of the Design Team Blogs for a chance to win 1 of 2 prize packages from eclectic Paperie and Add a Little Dazzle valued at $25. You have until Friday, June 27th to enter. The winners will be announced on both blogs on Saturday, June 28th. You must leave a comment on all blogs.
Next stop on the hop is the Fabulous Toni Burrows - http://craftdabbler-toni.blogspot.com/













38 comments:
This is gorgeous! I love love love that cupcake!!!!!!!!!
Love the transformation of your frame Sue and so will your friend. :) The TH cupcake is perfect and it definitely dazzles! Off to visit Toni now. x
Just brilliant Sue...brilliant and jubilant transformation...brings a smile!!
Big hugs to you
Tracy xxxx
what a lovely b'day frame for your friend Sue! That cupcake is so bright and fun in the pretty metals!
A beautiful frame!!! love the cupcake!
A fab frame you have created there. I just live all the colours and the cupcake is great too!!!
What a beautiful job! Love that you used scrap pieces.
Eeekkk...Sue, this is so cute! What a great way to use the metal sheets...a darling little cupcake! Perfection!
Is there NO end to your talents!! This is another fabulous creation and I love the pops of vibrant color on your cute metal cupcake. No wonder she loved it!!
Super cute frame and adorable cupcake.
Love this frame just so awesome. What a lovely gift for your friend.
What a cute frame! What a wonder gift!
I really love how this project turned out. It is totally awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Love the details of metal in your frame! Thanks so much for your hard work and for being part of the blog hop. Your hard work is appreciated.
What a great project!
Hi Sue! I´m Cris, from Argentina. I feel the friendship with this photo! and your work is vibrant! thanks for sharing and for let us to participate in this blog hop!
Fabulous idea and outcome. We'll done!!!
Sue, this frame is fabulous! I love the colours and the shine from the metal. The music noted add great contrast. Fabulous gift...you can add my name to your birthday list...lol.
Well Miss Sue of course she would love it who wouldn't the frame is fantastic, love the colors and the cupcake is beautiful,it got pizazz all right buckets full and made with love they are always your best creations, thanks for sharing have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))..
This is too cute. I LOVE the cheerful colors and the picture in it looks great! That cupcake and the black notes..... it's gorgeous!!!!! xo
What a sweet thoughtful gift for your friend! The frame is gorgeous with the awesome cupcake and love the musical notes, too!
Your frame is gorgeous! I love the colors and layers.
Another fabulous creation.
Very nice frame and project - I like the distressed look!
hugs serafeena
Incredible frame! Love the translucent paints! And that cupcake is so wonderful!! Wow!!
Such a fun frame!
So sweet and colorful. Great friendship ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Great ideas. Can't wait to try some of them. Thanks loads,
Candy
Sue this frame is so gorgeous! The really exciting part is I can envision doing something like this with some practice!
Great work Sue!! Using the metal for the cup cake is just perfect ! Love your project x
What a fun project Sue! Love the tissue covered frame and bright color palette! The cupcake looks scrumptious!
What really fun and creative gift for a friend! It will be cherished for sure and bring smile too!
I love this project! What a great gift this would make. Very clever and the cupcake is just adorable
Vibrant and fabulous! This is so fun!
Absolutely gorgeous!! I'm not surprised that your friend loved it ... Great photo too!
This looks like a wonderful gift, I am sure she will love it! We both seem to have worked with metal sheets, Sue :)
Wow, that metal cupcake is so neat! Love the steps you used in making this fabulous. Frame! Sorry I am so behind ,trying to catch up, Sue.
My goodness, what a gorgeous frame!! I just love your creativity!
Post a Comment