Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Card Concept #9 ~ Happy Mother's Day!

I'm playing in a "new to me" challenge called The Card Concept which I saw on Marybeth's blog. 
Challenge #9 is to be inspired by THIS photo:
and use monochromatic purple in one of the Design Team member's styles.
What a FUN Challenge this was! 
 
I think my card fits the "Classy and Elegant" style:

 Here is a close-up of the roses I rolled and the wooden butterfly I painted purple:
I just LOVE making these roses!
 
I actually made this card for the Grandmother of the newspaper reporter who wrote the article about my craft room.  She wanted to buy a card from me and I told her "No Way!"  She was so SWEET and wrote a story that brought me to tears (talking about my parents who passed away).
 
So she showed up at my door with THIS bag:
From Gigi's Cupcakes
 
And inside:
 were these YUMMY cupcakes!  Wow!  Thanks!
 
Even before I knew about the cupcakes, I told her I also wanted to make a Mother's Day card for her Mom so she told me her Mom loves leopard print and turquoise!  A challenge for me!
Here is what I came up with:
 
The flower even had fur on it!
 
I hope they like their cards!
I sure liked the cupcakes!  LOL!  So did my DH!


16 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Both cards look wonderful, and the cupcakes too, yummy!

Lynn said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards Sue. Love, love, love the fun leopard print.

Marjan said...

I am sure the wille adore these cards! Both very beautiful and I love the leopard print combined with the pretty flower!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your cards are lovely!! I have to say I adore that leopard print card ... so unique! The cupcakes look delicious!

Lisa Elton said...

Sue your rolled roses are perfection, a gorgeous card! An how FUN is the leopard card!! Both of these ladies are going to LOVE their little masterpieces. Yummy looking cupcakes ;)

Dianne said...

The first card is just gorgeous, I love your rolled roses, the butterfly is so pretty with that beautiful paper and dollie, you make the most beautiful creation with love and those cupcakes look yummmmmy. I'm an animal print girl myself so I looooove your next card, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Marybeth said...

You are just as thoughtful as can be to make a card for the reporters grandmother. Love the rolled flowers you made on your first card...very pretty! The leopard and turquoise card with the fur flower:) is gorgeous!
Oh,the cupcakes looked delicious too! Sounds like you have been having lots of fun.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww! These are both gorgeous! I am LOVING the colors and the flowers!! And those cupcakes look delish!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! Those look sinful!!! And yu did an awesome job with the turquoise and lepard!!!Thise rosed are so so pretty!

Unknown said...

I've had Gigi's Cupcakes and they are YUMMY lol. What a sweet gesture! I love both cards Sue but the turquoise and leopard looks amazing. I never dreamed that combo could look so good! You really outdid yourself and I know these ladies will cherish their cards. Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day! xx

Shirley said...

Oh my, I don't know how you got confused with my order for cupcakes!!! ;-) The card for the grandmother is just lovely! She will cherish it for sure. The card for her mother is so lovely and fun at the same time! She will smile and feel so special with her favorite print! The reporter already loves you! Gorgeous, Sue, and they will be treasured.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Sue!! classy, elegant, and stunning!!

Nancy said...

These colors work so well together.....who would have ever guessed! So sweet of you and the card is wonderful!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

There is just no stopping you! The first card is so pretty. The flowers represent the cupcakes? Clever girl.
The cupcakes OH MY GOD, I'm missing out!!!
Article? Off to check that out now.
Leopard print card: What a great colour to team it with. You are such a talent.
Katie x

Maria said...

Another gorgeous card! You met the challenge very well with the leopard print and fabulous flower! And, those cupcakes are to die for...yummmm!!!

Juls said...

Fabby cards, thanks for sharing your piccy's!! Hugs Juls