This is my first EVER triptych and I made it for my Dear Sweet Friend, Loretta, who lives in Katy, Texas and is a True Artist! I hope she likes this:
Warning - LOTS of photos!
I used three chipboard coasters:
This is the inside with all three coasters open.
This is the triptych all folded up and how I will put it in the envelope.
Left side closed - I made the leaves match the inside third coaster.
Left side open, right side closed - again I made the flower match.
Then I started adding Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs Life Quotes
I LOVE the music notes - wish, wish make a wish
I used more remnant rubs on the front cover - hello friend, enjoy today, best day ever, and her birthdate. You can also see the TCW Mini Specimen stencil with Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 metallic gold embossing paste - LOVE! and the TCW Chevron Tile Stencil I applied WV Studio 490 white embossing paste through and painted with Silks Acryllic Glaze Sky Blue. I wanted it to look like book binding. I made holes and tied it all together with seam binding that matched the inside art.
As much as I hated to because I hate my handwriting, I signed it for my friend with a Fude Ball Black pen.
If you want to see the process I used for making this triptych, the details are over on the eclectic Paperie blog.
I hope you like it but more importantly, I hope Loretta will Love it












27 comments:
Hello Miss Sue, WHOOT WHOOT, I love your Triptych, you know they are my favorites, I love how you drew it by hand then colored it beautifully this make it so unique and so much love. I hate my handwriting too but you can't go wrong just writing your name, I know she will love this.. Thanks for sharing, sorry I'm MIA my sis is going through her second chemo, I'll be around when I can, ((( HUGE HUGS ))) my friend..
Wow wow wow!! I just loveeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the colors and that flower!!!!!
Absolutely gorgeous with wonderful vibrant colouring. Love the mixed media feel.
Hugs
DesÃre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Loretta will love this Sue and your handwriting looks great. Awesome way to say Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. xx
Wow! What a creative gorgeous project, Sue! I LOVE it to bits! Your friend will treasure this for sure! Well done!:-)
OH, I love the intense blue with the pink. Very pretty Sue. Hope you are having a relaxed Memorial Day.
Very clever! I love those colors. So pretty!
Fab! Loving the bright colours! Hugs Juls
Don't worry about the handwriting; it's a signature of the master:). It's amazing and fun to see that you are able to create something as priceless as this. Your friend will love it; it's a keepsake for sure. Gorgeous!
XX
Oh, that cobalt blue is spectacular, Sue! What a fabulous gift for your friend (who lives so close to my brother and mother!!).
This is cool!! Love all the bright colors....so talented my friend!!
I love that you took the extra steps to match everything up front and back, opened and closed. She is join to LOVE this Sue, it's amazing!!
This is truly beautiful!!!
Sue, what a great idea to use chipboard coasters!!!!! I love the bright colors and I think I'll have to dig my coasters out and CASE this. It's gorgeous.
I'm sure she will LOVE this ... beautiful work ... love that blue! It's my brother's birthday too on the 29th!
Stunning!! Loretta will love this Sue!!!!
How fun! Your friend is going to love this! :)
so pretty!!!
bibiana
WOW, Sue~your creativity really shines through with your beautiful cards. I am sure Loretta will absolutely love this Birthday Triptych you made for her :-)
I absolutely love this.. You did such a great job on this my friend. Your Friend is going to LOVE it.
HOpe you are enjoying your week.
Hugs~
Fabulous textures Sue on your mixed media piece, what a fabulous work of art for your friend! Love the vibrant blue, and the jolly flower, beautiful!
LOVE this tri card! What a fun idea! The colors are amazing and you are a true artist too! Of course you should sign it. Thanks for sharing all the details.
A very pretty and fun BD Triptych! I love the colors and how you did the design to fit all three areas!
You know your artist friend is going to treasure this! Totally awesome!
The email (feed burner) started working and then stopped...ugh...I don't know what is going on with that. Anyway, sorry I am behind Between apts and baseball still keeping the roads hot hot hot. Baseball is winding down.
Oh my goodness, Sue, I just love this! You did a terrific job! The colors are amazing together! I am sure your friend is gonna love it!
There isn't anything you can't do is there? The vibrant colours are stunning, your Artist fiend will treasure it for sure.
Katie x
There isn't anything you can't do is there? The vibrant colours are stunning, your Artist fiend will treasure it for sure.
Katie x
Post a Comment