This card is posted at the Precious Remembrance blog for my Saturday Creations post. I had to make something using the new PR set called Coffee Love. My first two posts with this set were all about coffee but today I wanted to show that you could use it for any occasion.
Here's my card:
I was going for a more mixed media look!
I used a scrap piece of TH Tissue Wrap called Melange and adhered it to a piece of chipboard with clear gesso. I rounded the corners and swiped Guatemalen Green Silks Acryllic paint around the edges and the butterfly. You can also see the Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste I applied through the Wendy Vecchi stencil for my BG. LOVE! I also watered down the green silk paint and splattered paint all over the yellow BG.
Here you can see the FAB sentiment from my Precious Remembrance Coffee Love Stamp set. I LOVE the there are two different fonts and sizes in one stamp! I hand cut the layered banners.
For my other stamping on the card I used both the TH Distress Ink and Ranger Archival ink in Aquamarine.
And this little beauty is flat for mailing (although I hand delivered it to my neighbor today!)
I hope you like my card!






23 comments:
This is soooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the colors and that butterfly!!!
Love this artistic mixed media card, Sue! how cleverly you have used melange tissue butterfly on this card.
Beautiful card Sue! I love the WV stencil you used! And the butterfly is so pretty! Gorgeous card! I bet your neighbor loved it! :)
This is beautiful, Sue! Love the butterfly. :)
WOW Sue that pretty butterfly really grabs your attention!! This is wonderful, fresh colors, great design and I like that cute stenciling in the background. Your neighbor is a lucky one today! I think we all love this sentiment from the set, I used it for my upcoming post too ;)
What a beautiful card, so delicate! It's hard to believe it's from the same set, so versatile. ~Diane
Gorgeous!! :)
That butterfly is a beautiful focal point. But the design and the colors are my favorite part of this card. A mix of black and white with colors that make me smile. Ready for spring so to speak:) The sentiment is lovely; stamped on a fishtail it is a fab addition to a card that looks pretty amazing:)!
XX
Another great card! The yellow and soft blue combine very well, gives me a feeling of spring. Interesting to read how you build your card, I love it, Sue! Enyoy your weekend!
I love this pretty card. WOW what a gorgeous design and sweet colors!
Beautiful card Sue! Love the gorgeous butterfly and the textured background!
Beautiful Sue ... I love that sentiment ... Thanks so much for your kind words ... If you were here I would take you to the Club with me ... they'd love you!
I see we have butterflies on the mind. ;) LOVE the look of this card and I am always in need of ideas for flat cards. Thanks Sue! So pretty and luv all of the goodies you used to create it. Hugs, Lisa
I love that you used the coffee stamp in a different way. This turned out fab and love the spring feel to this! Ready for it here that is for sure.
So beautiful, Sue! Love the pretty color and butterfly! Great touches with mixed media, too for wonderful dimension!
Oh Sue, this is gorgeous. Love the colors and springy feel to your card. I see the molding paste on the background and love the splattered green. The butterfly panel is very pretty.
So beautiful,Sue! I just love the butterfly! And the blue edging around it! And you did a fantastic job with the textured background! Love it!
great techniques TFS
bibiana
OHHHHHHH! What a gorgeous card, Sue! LOOOOOOOOVE the colors and the embossing paste (I got some the other day.... need to open it and use it! LOL!)! LOOOOOVE that butterfly! FAB card-- I bet your neighbor loved it!
Hope you are doing well!!! How are things in your neck of the woods?!?!?! <3
Hello Miss Sue, now that is a way to make a Mixed media card, it's EXCELLENT. A beautiful piece of art, called a card, I love everything you did on it, inspiring work, thanks for sharing..
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!
Oh, I love that butterfly and the aqua blue with yellow.
Lucky neighbour, fab stamp set, totally gorgeous colours.
I always get the urge to make cards when visiting your amazing Blog. If only I wasn't snuggled on the couch with a hot cuppa!Hmmm....
Kait-e (get it? Ha ha...) x
Post a Comment