When I saw the challenge at Dutch Card Lovers to use spots, spatters, splashes, circles and / or swipe on your card, I just KNEW I had to play along! Plus I found out I didn't have to be Dutch to play! LOL! Plus they are such an incredibly NICE group of designers who make their challenge so much FUN! You should go check it out and play!
Anyway, what perfect timing! I got my first commission to make personalized tags for a Beach Destination Wedding gift for the guests. I can't show the gift - which is so COOL! - because the wedding isn't until this April, but I DID get permission to post the tag:
Checks out the splats! It's gold embossing paste through a TCW mini texture stencil which just happened to come in the mail yesterday. Perfect timing!
Here is the front of the tag which I personalized with the happy couple's photo:
I put splats on the front and back of the tag but you see more on the back.
In this photo you can see the white gesso I added to the edges of the photo to jazz it up a bit, the gold mini doily with the starfish (beach wedding!), the gold splats, and the gold seam binding I won at DCL #203 here and just received from Cards and Wishes! I can't believe with all of the colors I ordered, I got gold just because and didn't know how much I needed it!
And here is the back with LOTS of splats! I also distressed the edges of the tag with gold ink and added the bit of lace.
I hope you like it! They wanted artsy and CAS.
Now I only have to make 66 more by next week!








27 comments:
Oh Miss Sue you will get lot's more commissions when they see this tag, it's gorgeous, love all the gold, and you know I'm
spots, spatters, splashes kinda of girl, fantastic tag, thanks for sharing your creative ideas, have a wonderful week.. ((( BIG HUGS)))..
Lovely tag Sue and what a cute couple! The gold splats and doily are eye catching and I LOVE the little starfish! Can't wait to see a photo of this with the gift!
Very pretty! I love those odors with the gold. And what a wonderful keepsake! I'm dying yo know what the gift is. ;)
Sue, absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure they love, love, love these!
Congratulations on your assignment, hope you'll have lots of fun! The tag you are allowed to show is so pretty and stylish, I love the gold splattering. And thank you for joining us at DCL again, Sue! We appreciate the kind words too :)
Sue this is gorgeous! I love the raspberry with the gold and the texture paste! My sister and I made a huge batch of tags for a marriage encounter a few weeks back...it went pretty fast but there were two of us! Hope it goes quick for you! :)
Wonderful tag!! And so vibrant ... like you!
This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the starfish!!!
Those tuned out so cute! I bet the wedding party just love them!
Hugs~
Wow Sue, this is gorgeous. Congrats on your first commissioned project. You created a beautiful keepsake. Love all your special little details. Can't wait to see the gift too.
Have a wonderful day.
Wonderful tag!, love the splatters and the gesso around the pic is perfect!! Sounds like you have some work to do....busy week!!
Oh, my! So pretty and elegant! Just perfect for a beach themed wedding! Wonderful work, Sue!:-)
Beautiful tag Sue! Love the beach theme! The gold splatters are so eye catching!
These are so cool! What a fabulous job! I believe a business may be born!
love it! thanks for joining the DCL!
Gorgeous Sue!!!!
prachtige lieve tag
dank je wel voor het meedoen met DCL
groetjes miriam
A beautiful tag Sue, I love the gold splatters against the hot pink, so beautiful.
Awesome Sue...I can see why they asked you to do this for them! Great Tag! Love the splatters!
Congrats Sue on your commission!! I love this tag and the gold embossing paste over this cool stencil looks amazing. Good luck with the other 66 and can't wait for the reveal of their gift. :) Hugs, Lisa
How exciting your first commission ..congrats !
Love the tag and the colors pink and gold.just beautiful! You came up with a beautiful design for the adorable couple. Love the starfish .
I am not sure how I missed this post! Congrats on your commission! That is awesome and what a beautiful job you have done! Gorgeous!
Love thos splats! Great tag! ~Diane
So pretty. Congrats on the 'job'! What a fun tag to make... love the spatters and that sea star! Perfect!
I can only imagine how beautiful you gift must be after seeing the lovely tag you made for them!! What a keepsake to bring back the memories!
Oh boy, you did great! The gold is so on trend and how cool to write "Kait" like that! These must have kept you super busy.
Hope the happy couple enjoy their special day.
Katie
love it !!!! Hugs Juls
Post a Comment