Saturday, March 15, 2014

CCCB #202 ~ Beautiful Rainbows

At City Crafter's Challenge Blog #202, Char challenged us to create using Beautiful Rainbows.  I took a break from making those tags to create this rainbow:
I had this idea to use TH distress paints on watercolor paper and use this chicken wire die I HAD to buy but had not used yet.  I just randomly popped out some of the hexies and left the rest intact.
 
Here's my card.
I added black paint splats, a rainbowish orange and red flower, and a banner sentiment with vellum, red and a black BG.
I hope you like it!  I'm off to work on the tags some more.  LOTS of drying time involved with gold embossing paste on both sides of the tag!  What was I thinking when I designed them?  LOL!


24 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your peek a boo hexi rainbow Sue, what a FUN idea!! I thought of you and your tags the other day, wondering how they were coming!! Full steam ahead ;)

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful rainbow effect! I like how you only have some of the hexagons open to reveal color. :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE IT!!!

Sid said...

Love this and that honeycomb die really adds dimension !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OH.MY.RAINBOW.GOODNESS!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!

Unknown said...

Your card has such a happy feel to it, Loving all those happy colors!

Hugs~

Mona Pendleton said...

Fab card Sue! Love the mix of vibrant colors and that blossom is stunning! This card screams happiness!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sue! Love the rainbow behind your die cut wire, so beautiful!

Ros Crawford said...

Love it!! Terrific card Sue ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the way the randomly selected Hexagos shows the rainbow design. That flower is gorgeous and beautiful! It's nice to switch gears for a bit from one thing to another! Does the creative brain good! This beauty will brighten someone's day!

Marybeth said...

Hi Sue. I love they way you let some of the rainbow show and not all of it. This is a beautiful design and beautiful,card. Love the large flower too.

Maria said...

Ohhh, I love this pretty rainbow peeking out from the hexagons! And, the flower is so pretty!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love how you did the rainbow and the hexagons! Looks great!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is absolutely fabulous Sue, love the rainbow peeking through.... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

1CardCreator said...

Stunning tag! Love the rainbow and the die cut too. ~Diane

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, you were only thinking what would be perfect for those tags, they are unique, so well worth the extra work, your card is fabulous, love the blended paints, the hexagon only some of it popped out, the splotches, brilliant work on your card, thanks for sharing hope you have a week, ((( BIG HUGS)))..

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty card Sue. Love the colors behind the die-cut. I also like how you left some of the die-cut pieces.

Nancy said...

Love that rainbow background behind your chicken wire die...didn't you buy that when we went out?? Great card my friend..have a great week!

Anonymous said...

BEEEEEautiful Sue!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea Sue! Love the design and the peek-a-boo effect. :) Terrific rainbow card! Hope you have a great week. Hugs

Shirley said...

Forgot to move on to the next card!! LOLOL Love how you have used your stencils, Sue! I've got to get going with mine! You so inspire me and I really love your color combos too! Wonderful tags!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love that die and the splats against the bright array of colours is fab!
Katie

Juls said...

fabby!!! its got such a gorgeous retro feel!!! Hugs Juls