Tuesday, February 25, 2014

PTI Blog Hop ~ Sweet Spring!

I don't know about you but this PTI Challenge graphic really put me in the mood for Spring:
 
I was inspired by the pastel butterflies:
I brushed different watercolors on watercolor paper and then die cut three butterflies and a scalloped border to make my card:
If you enlarge the photo, you will see I used a PTI Impression plate on my sweet blush paper AND on the white mat.  Some pearls and a flower with that banner sentiment on vellum and I call it complete!
I followed Marjan's sketch from Dutch Card Lovers  #203 that I used on a card you can see here!
 
I hope you like it!
 
PTI PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE THIS CARD
Paper - White, Sweet Blush
Stamp Set - Mat Stack 3
Die - Happy Trails, Banner
Impression Plates - Woodgrain, linen

40 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely delightful and it smacks of spring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING those butterflies!!

Lisa Elton said...

Sue this is simply delightful! It's such a sweet spring card, your butterflies look so cute. The sentiment stamped on vellum is perfect, light and delicate ~ love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sue. It makes me feel warm inside and very hopeful that Spring is indeed coming.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous spring card, sue!!

Linda said...

This is so beautiful and elegant.

PatQ's Cards said...

Really pretty card.

Marybeth said...

Hey look at you on the hop! Yay! I can see the embossed BG without enlarging ..it's beautiful just like the whole card. Love the watercolor butterflies and the pretty pink flowers....

Nancy Penir said...

Butterflies and bow beauty, what's not to love? Spring on steroids! Gorgeous blog look too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous missy!! I love the design and butterflies :-)

Unknown said...

Exquisite - love butterflies!

victoria h said...

very pretty - love the watercoloured butterflies

Kay D said...

Oh, my- those delicate little butterflies are just precious- love them!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Sue, I love these pastels too, and those butterflies are just beautiful. Gorgeous card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your watercolored butterflies!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty butterflies. Great soft colors. Very feminine card.

Rhonda said...

The water-coloring is stunning.

1CardCreator said...

So soft and pretty, I love the touch of vellum too! ~Diane

Darnell said...

Butterflies are awesome on a spring card; pastel butterflies are PERFECT on a spring card!! Love this, Sue!! Hugs, Darnell

jen said...

Oh it's just lovely!!! Those water colored butterflies are wonderful!

Stella said...

Oh my Sue I just LOVE this! These colors are right up my alleye:) Stunning!
XX

Stella said...

Oh my Sue I just LOVE this! These colors are right up my alleye:) Stunning!
XX

Diana K said...

Love the soft watercoloured butterflies and border. So very pretty!

Lynn said...

So soft and absolutely beautiful Sue!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

pretty CAS card....

craftmates said...

What a sweet card - Irma

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your super sweet, super beautiful card!

tonyamaries said...

This is a very sweet card and those butterflies are beautiful! Great job!

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning card!! I really love your use of those colours ... Not in the mood for much right now ...sigh

Marjan said...

What a surprise to see you've used the sketch again and with a very different reslut too. LOVE your second take too! Beautiful, soft, springy colors and the use of the impressionplate combines very well. Lovely, Sue!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love how you did the watercolors for the butterflies and border. So soft and springy.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love all the butterflies fluttering about!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

Maria said...

So soft and pretty! Love those beautiful butterflies and great use of vellum!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love your watercolor butterflies! And that flower is gorgeous! Great card!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, well I love it, the butterflies you created are gorgeous with a matching border, just fabulous and I love your little flower, thanks for sharing I hope you have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Unknown said...

So sweet, love those fluttering butterflies and the embossed background Sue. A very pretty card! Hugs, Lisa

Nancy said...

Love the butterflies and that flower! Gorgeous Girl!

Loretta said...

Wow this is a keeper! Love that flower and the butterflies.

Beverly Montez said...

That watercolor paper looks so soft--I want to touch it!!
Very pretty.