Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February Poppy Sketch ~ Thinking of You!

I LOVED this sketch at The Paper Poppy and decided to play along!
 
 
Here's MY card!
I used several Mixed Media techniques on this including:
~ TH Distress paint to make the smaller BG panel and sentiment banner
~ White embossing on vellum
~ Paint splatters 

Here's a close up so you can see the marbeled effect of the paints and the stickles I applied to the circles I made just pouncing the Distress paint dauber on the paper.
 
I had a TON of FUN following this FAB sketch and playing with my crafty stuff!  The sketch runs for the entire month of February so you might want to check it out!


9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow Sue this card is a masterpiece! All of the detail is just gorgeous, thank you for playing along with February's Poppy Sketch!
Laura

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

beautiful card and colors, Sue!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Sue! I love that heart, is it a stamp? Love it!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so COOL! I don't have clear embossing paste but I love the effect!!! And the distress paint color is fabulous! Wonderful card my dear!

Sandi said...

Love the chevrons on the background! This is very pretty!

Stella said...

Wow wow wow Sue; you not just nailed the sketch but created a card that blew me away. It's wonderful to see what you create with mixed media. This ART ( and not just a card). Fab hear:)
Love it!
XX

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Sue, I just love the beautiful pink background of the heart! This card is WOW!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You are keeping yourself busy aren't you, pretty pretty work!

Shirley said...

Perfectly wonderful, Sue! I loved all of the different techniques you used on this. I had to do the close up so I could really enjoy! It's been so long since I have done these and you have really inspired me!!