Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CCCB #197 ~ Color Splash!!

I was so EXCITED to see a color splash at the City Crafter Challenge blog!  Whoo!  Hoo!  I got so carried away that I played and played and made three cards!
Here is the FAB inspiration photo:
 
Here is my First Card with a splash of yellow:
Unfortunately I needed a sympathy card for my very dear friend whose brother died.  I wanted manly to represent him, the butterfly to represent heaven, and the flower for her.

Here's the entire card.  I'm pleased with how it turned out and that it looks like it was made with LOVE because t was!
 
My second card is for no particular reason:
I had a second butterfly I white embossed on vellum with my MPD Winged Beauties so I put together this card.  I plan on stmping a sentiment on the red banner when I find the occasion to use this card.
 
 My third card is a Thank You card:
I made this red and pink TH Distress Paint panel with that old SU stamp I "found" in my stash!  Told you it was a keeper!

In this photo you can see the frame I made with dots using my Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals.  LOVE this technique!
 
Well I hope you like my cards inspired by the Color Splash!  I had a BLAST making them!  I just couldn't stop!  What I LOVE about City Crafter is that you can use any products and are only limited by your imagination.  Thanks for the Color Splash, Ros!


18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Someone has been a busy girl!! Love all of these Sue but the first is my fave. You can plainly see it was made with love, beautiful!

Heather Rogers said...

All three are beautiful. Such a sweet card for your friend. Surely she will appreciate the special touches. :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous take on the color splash inspiration photo, Sue! I especially love how each of the elements you incorporated into the sympathy card has significance. Such a personal and thoughtful card. And your second and third cards are true beauties in your fabulous style!!!

Melody said...

Great cards Sue!! Love those different color combos.

Diane said...

Oh my these are all so beautiful...I love the one with the "splash" of yellow, as for some reason I have been wanting to use yellow myself lately!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Pauline said...

All three beautiful cards Sue, your Sympathy card will surely be appreciated, you are so thoughtful.

Ros Crawford said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect for the challenge ... Love that yellow splash! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Jill Norwood said...

That are all so pretty Sue! And the sympathy card is beautiful! So sorry for their loss! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! I love love love the colors and those butterflies on the first two cards!!!!!!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Sue, 3 beautiful cards, I love the butterflies,beautiful yellow flower, it does look like it made with love the pink one is fantastic, I love that stamp too and all the ways you have used it, thanks for sharing...

Maria said...

Very pretty cards, Sue! Love the butterflies and beautiful paper! The bright pink of the last card speaks to me...love it!

Stella said...

I am always smiling reading your post; you make me happy! So much enthousiasm about vrafting and your cards are FABULOUS! A color splash made with a big splash of talent:). I can't pick a favorite; I love them all! XX

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

All 3 are beautiful! I think my favorite is the yellow. I am sure your friend loved this card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Brilliantly done! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Shirley said...

Your sympathy card is really beautiful and so wonderful for your purpose. It will be treasured. Your other two cards are simply elegant and wonderful! Love the butterfly and the flower is so vibrant!

Sid said...

Love the yellow flower on your first card!

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy girl making lots of gorgeous creations!!!!!!