Friday, February 7, 2014

eclectic Paperie ~ LOVE Layout ~ 7 Dots Studio Sweet Dreams Paper

 
Hello Everyone!  I created a layout for the eclectic Paperie online shop using a BEAUTIFUL sheet of 7 Dots Studio paper called Sweet Dreams (seen later in my post).  I used the more muted side and what I LOVE about this paper is that it looks like it has a mixed media finish with layers even before you add the first thing!
 
I used a photo that I enlarged from our 25th Anniversary vowel renewal.  It's not B&W but the colors are so subtle that I can add as much color as I want ~ which I did!
I adhered the paper to a piece of burlap, pulling strings off of all 4 sides.  Then I adhered the paper and burlap to hard cardboard so I can choose to either make this a wall hanging, frame it, or just put it in my book.

Here is a close up of my collage of different elements ~ some Petaloo butterflies, a piece of a tape measure that says 25, a metal trinket and a tassel with a metal rose, a film strip ribbon by Tim Holtz, some of the burlap string that I just looped several times and then glued down, a cluster of Petaloo flowers, a wooden Art Parts LOVE word and a wooden heart both from Wendy Vecchi, a Christy Tomlinson rub on, and a piece of light pink lace ribbon.

Here you can see the piece of Ranger watercolor paper that I painted with Tim Holtz Distress Paints and added pink designs using Picked Raspberry Distress Paint through the Tim Holtz layering burlap stencil.

Here is the Wendy Vecchi wooden heart I first covered with Tim Holtz terminology tissue. 
 
 
Then I used the burlap stencil again with Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste and then colors with Distress Paint splatters until it looked how I wanted it to look.  Then with my finger, I added Tim Holtz Distress paint in Antiqued Bronze.  LOVE LOVE LOVE that color ( almost as much a chocolate!) and would add it to everything if I could!  I added the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Band and two pink pearls to finish it off!  LOVE how the text just peeks through the translucent embossing paste and Distress Paints!
 
Here is the 7 Dots Studio paper called Sweet Dreams that jump started my entire layout. Like I said, I used the more muted side.
 
This photo is to show you what the page looked like before I added all the stuff.

Here is a photo of the Catherine Scanlon Funky Flowers stamp I used along with the Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal I used in Champagne.  The sparkly lustre is a FAB detail!

I used this chevron tile stencil with white embossing paste in several places on the page.  I used a paintbrush with TH Distress Ink in Antique Linen to make it look not so white.

Here's a close up of the Art Anthology Dimension Crystal and the Petaloo butterfly where I ripped and curled the paper.
All of the highlighted products are available in the eclectic Paperie Shop.  If you want something you don't see, just email, Kim, the owner, and she will get it for you!
 
I hope you like my layout as much as I enjoyed making it!
Thanks for stopping by!




16 comments:

Kamana said...

this is so creative and beautiful.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

OMG so many textures and little treasures to discover in this page...love the stencils, the paste, the frayed egde, the stamps...well I can go on and on...so pretty
TFS
bibiana

Marjan said...

Great use of materials, Sue! Love all those nice elements and your collage is lovely. Nice picture too and all in alla very pretty lay-out.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that heart and love love love the fringe around the edges!!!!!!!!!

Loretta said...

Holy cow! This is fabulous. Thanks so much for the step by step - I needed that. What a great layout!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

WOWSA!!!! That heart is unbelievable!!! Beautiful Layout! And thanks for the tutorial!!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww I love this picture Sue!! You did a great job with the LO, so many pretty bits of this and that layered together with perfection.

Pauline said...

Amazing job with this romantic layout Sue! I love that tissue covered wooden heart, the textures and wonderful colours, so beautiful.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is beautiful, and it is romantic!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a sweet, heartfelt layout, Sue. Love all the touches you put on here, and the photo of the two of you at your vow renewal. :) Congrats, too!

Shirley said...

Very beautifully done! The detail and art work really shows how much you loved the event! What you did with the stencils and the other embellishments really makes it a work of art! Really like the butterfly and upper right hand corner!

Marybeth said...

Sue you always have so many neat ideas. I love the way you rolled back the two pages a bit and added the butterfly. What a romantic page!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. What a beautiful background you created.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, my... beautiful! Love the different textures and the fun colors. The tassel, the tape, the flowers... so many lovely embellishments... that tear on top is fabulous... so many different things to look at. Well done Sue!

Ros Crawford said...

BEautiful!! I really love the butterfly coming out of the tear and the tactile look of the fabric ...

Stella said...

Favorite details; at first that lovely photo of the happy couple:). But slso; the burlap details you made with that stencil (love it!), the chevron made with embossing paste. And the a-ma-zing flowers. And that heart took my breath away. Sue you are doing a fab job with mixed media; I am impressed. And always looking forward to be here. Love love love this LO!
XX